• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, tim123 said:

Anyone ever hear of volcanoes or the sun or earth's orbit cycles solar cycles. Solar radiance. So many variables In our climate that these scientists do not factor in. 

We have, and guess what, we have never seen the temp change at the current rate when influenced solely by the things you mentioned.  Thats what makes it so damn obvious.   The problem here is that you have to trust scientists, and you obviously don't.  I don't know how to change that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

We have, and guess what, we have never seen the temp change at the current rate when influenced solely by the things you mentioned.  Thats what makes it so damn obvious.   The problem here is that you have to trust scientists, and you obviously don't.  I don't know how to change 

No the un climate scientist dont acknowledged the sun as main driver of climate. They completely discard it

11 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Swing and a miss. So close. A sub 990 LP in the gulf of Maine and nada? Still got time. NAM shows moderate snow back to Syracuse (at least). gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_14.png

Not a chance this will come far enough west to help the Niagara Frontier, but I'm cheering for Rochester and points east.

2 hours ago, WNash said:

Sincerely curious, what is the evidence for this? We see pretty clearly that multiple federal agencies are burying studies that explain the effects of climate change and extrapolate results to the future. I have also seen meta analytical studies that identify significant methodological flaws with studies that contradict the AGW hypothesis (this is particularly good one here: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00704-015-1597-5), but please direct me to methodologically sound studies rejecting AGW that have resulted in denial of access to research funding. I know David Evans claims retaliation -- notably, he is an electrical engineer, not a climatologist -- but he is certainly well-compensated by 501(3)(c) organizations funded by the fossil fuel industry, so the fact that someone with no special expertise is able to receive industry funding tends to argue against some sort of conspiracy against climate skeptic research.

Well, I'll say this and end it bc as we've seen in this thread, and elsewhere, intelligent convo re AGW, or rebranded as CC, is impossible and brings out the worst in everyone.  It's a complex subject that doesn't lend itself to easy answers or solutions and has long since been subsumed in politics.  Everyone is an expert on the subject and they all have hardened opinions, or more laughably, beliefs.  Which is why I don't discuss it, or almost anything, online anymore and probably shouldnt have responded earlier.  

Back to tracking the next great White Whale.  ;)

• Like 1

Still have a few inches on the ground IMBY. Don’t have stats to back it up, but I’m guessing it’s highly unusual if not unprecedented to have snow OTG for this many consecutive days before Nov 15. The cold weekend should keep it going for a couple more days. 

BUF is about 10 below normal for month to date, really impressive. 

• Like 1

I have been lurking for a while and I would like to finally introduce myself. I am originally from the Philadelphia suburbs. I now reside in Western New York during the school year where I go to College. I am currently pursuing a degree in Atmospheric Sciences a caveat though is that my College technically doesn't have that so I plan on majoring in Geosciences which has some meteorology courses with that major. My hope is to eventually get a PhD in Atmospheric Sciences. Now enough about me,  hoping that my first winter up in Upstate New York will be an interesting one!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

I have been lurking for a while and I would like to finally introduce myself. I am originally from the Philadelphia suburbs. I now reside in Western New York during the school year where I go to College. I am currently pursuing a degree in Atmospheric Sciences a caveat though is that my College technically doesn't have that so I plan on majoring in Geosciences which has some meteorology courses with that major. My hope is to eventually get a PhD in Atmospheric Sciences. Now enough about me,  hoping that my first winter up in Upstate New York will be an interesting one!

Welcome! Where are you staying in wny? 

18 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

I am staying in Geneva, NY. It is near the top of Seneca Lake. That is where the college I go to is which is Hobart and William Smith Colleges. 

That’s an interesting area for weather. You can get in on some Lake Effect. But just to your East, they do a bit better. Weedsport and Skaneateles do quite well. Sorry you missed out on the last one. 
Welcome friend. We’ve got a great little group here. Feel free to join in the banter. Your science background will be welcome. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I don't think we get too far below normal during that timeframe as the PV is on the other side of the globe. But you don't need really cold temperatures in late Nov to get snow around here. 

No and that is a great look. Normal high at the end of November is 38 so it stands to reckon what falls could be snow.