• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My Winter Storm Forecast

northpittweather

Personally if your any where in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, New England, West Virgina, Virgina, Maryland, and DC

you have to watch this closely, because this could be a huge historic storm for alot of people

three things that make me concerned are

1. Westward trend by 50 to 100 miles each run, on GFS and other struggling models, the EURO looks good

2. Post-Christmas storm might be halting travel, and events

3. This could be a crucial part of forecasting in the future, and this storm to me, seems like a rival to 1888 blizzard or 1993 blizzard if the west trend on the models continues which is highly likely

This map is a huge blend of models and other sources for information, and i made a map for the danger zone, this storm is all around an impressive storm, so get your popcorn ready and watch this sucker form, i personally think this could be a record breaker

Light - Moderate Snow means a 1-3 to 4-8inch snow

Heavy 8-16 inches

Blizzard 16+, with wind and possible power outages

post-1757-0-77219100-1293048843.jpg

post-1757-0-79099500-1293048856.jpg

so give me your thought's? thanks

I would have to say pretty good with the overall track considering a local baltimore met (Tony Pann) showed a similar track on the 5pm news tonight. Of course he added a caveat that if it is 100 miles to the east then much less snow. But the thing about your track and Tony's which I found interesting was how the low hooked more north around Hatteras and hugged the coast. The big storms last winter had more of a tendancy of moving E, NE once past the Delmarva which is why New England got ripped off so often. Anyhow if this track is even close to the actual a whole lot of mid-atlantic/NE, even western PA folks are going to be grinning.

Personally if your any where in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, New England, West Virgina, Virgina, Maryland, and DC

you have to watch this closely, because this could be a huge historic storm for alot of people

three things that make me concerned are

1. Westward trend by 50 to 100 miles each run, on GFS and other struggling models, the EURO looks good

2. Post-Christmas storm might be halting travel, and events

3. This could be a crucial part of forecasting in the future, and this storm to me, seems like a rival to 1888 blizzard or 1993 blizzard if the west trend on the models continues which is highly likely

This map is a huge blend of models and other sources for information, and i made a map for the danger zone, this storm is all around an impressive storm, so get your popcorn ready and watch this sucker form, i personally think this could be a record breaker

Light - Moderate Snow means a 1-3 to 4-8inch snow

Heavy 8-16 inches

Blizzard 16+, with wind and possible power outages

so give me your thought's? thanks

explain to us the models and data which support a WPA blizzard.

I hate to tell you guys this, but just as a warning so you know what you are looking at, this guy is an uber weenie from our thread. Every storm this year he has over predicted by about a foot, and he reports fake snow totals.

However, I'm sure most of you realized that...

As soon as I saw he was from PA and chuckled at the crayon drawing I closed the thread.

I think its more the fact that every storm system is "historic" and completely overexerted, whether it be in the winter with blizzards and 2ft of snow, or in the summer where every system is a huge tornado outbreak. I think he is just trying to learn, but he should tone things way down.

just my .02 of constructive criticism :thumbsup:

Archived