• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard
Tyler Penland

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Wow. Snow showers broke containment big time. We had heavy snow for a short time a couple of hours ago (didn’t stick), but relatives in the northern foothills managed to pick up at least a half an inch. 

Sideways snow and strong gusts...starting to see some blue skies.  Snow still coming down but probably not much more...best score for us this year...let's see what Friday will bring

I ended up with about 4 inches at the house in Maggie. For my location I feel this event over achieved and it was certainly the most snow I have received this winter to date.

• Like 6

Got about 2.5” at my house here in Alexander from that nice band that setup over us for several hours. Best snow of the season for the French Broad River Valley so far.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Another less than 1 incher in Boone. Sigh

Lol, we started off amazing, and then literally nothing overnight.

• Like 1

Glad you guys down south are having a good one. Besides the amazing heavy snow that fell for 45 minutes yesterday afternoon, we still are having a messed up winter for some reason up here. But hey ya cant win them all lol

• Like 1

Euro and CMC look decent for another shot next weekend, but GFS has been dry. GEFS and EPS have some decent noise, maybe next weekend y’all can score again. 

• Like 1

Wish that band would have set up shop over my area of Haywood lol.  Going with 1.5“ total from what I measured. 1” during the day and then we had .5” overnight after I got back from making a run into town.  Beautiful morning though! Either right at 10” for the year or knocking on the door of it.  

Pretty surprised I even had a light dusting in downslope city. Usually only happens with the strongest of nwfs

Setup for Friday & into Saturday of next week is not terrible on the Canadian and Euro.  Lots of players on the field and the Euro and Canadian are nowhere close to each other, but each solution pans out to snowfall in the High Country.  This timeframe has my attention, lets see what the models do with building in a high pressure.  The overall progression is very slow with the waves, so imo an increased chance for phasing to occur.

• Like 1