Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Top 5(ish) New England Weather events

HoarfrostHubb

10 minutes ago, andyhb said:

More extreme damage from the Worcester tornado (photos I haven't seen). Idk how this one is not classified as a 5 in the databases.

The EF-4 was supposedly assigned due to opinions that the wiped-out houses had been poorly constructed, but maybe in the background was the thought among tornado alley mets that 5s were impossible in New England.

7 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

whats even more insane is THREE in the past 4 years. 2016 North Haven Tornado. 2018 Hamden/North Haven Tornado. 2020 Hamden/North Haven Tornado.

Didn't realize i was in tornado alley now.

It’s nuts. This years tornado formed overhead so I just missed it, thankfully, as it strengthened SE and cut across rte8 heading for Hamden..the tornado alley of the northeast.

This is the best metric for gauging the scale and degree of the "frustration" quotient in any present 'weather cinema' - .. it's like, wake up in the morning, swipe phone or mouse one's way across their PC interface, land on the subforum's main page, see one of these nostalgia threads have been recalled from the crypts ... no need to look at anything else.

Considering this one goes back to Sept 2019 ... that's a pretty telling indictment of the piece-o-shittitude of this current modeling cinema.  Yep... time to hide in nostalgia as alternative to present experience

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

IMBY

1) October 2011

2) Great Blizzard of 2013

3) TS Isaias

4) July 2011 Big Heat Wave

5) Christmas 2002 (could probably put a lot of things I can’t remember here)

It would not have occurred to me to consider extreme heat or cold, but my inclusion would probably be the March '12 torch. Walking home from work across Boston common with people stretched out on blankets and wearing sundresses as the temps pushed 80 for multiple days was special. Magnolias even started blooming. Just so so anomalous.

• Like 1