• Member Statistics

    15,530
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Joined
Bubbler86

Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

HOLY SHIT

To be fair, I'm not getting a basic unit. I'm getting a multiple stage/variable speed unit - it's a 16 SEER / 2.5 ton AC and the furnace as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, canderson said:

To be fair, I'm not getting a basic unit. I'm getting a multiple stage/variable speed unit - it's a 16 SEER / 2.5 ton AC and the furnace as well. 

So basically you are hiring 16 gypsies to predict how nice it will feel?

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Anduril said:

So...Im not imagining things but it was supposed to storm today, right?

Multiple NWS offices have botched the past two days. Tomorrow looks decent too - Thursday is out best shot at storms I think.

Then we lose the horrible humidity for the weekend, yay!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, canderson said:

Multiple NWS offices have botched the past two days. Tomorrow looks decent too - Thursday is out best shot at storms I think.

Then we lose the horrible humidity for the weekend, yay!

Damn I'll take it I was honestly worried I wouldnt get the yard mowed with how much rain we were expecting but...shit yea I'll take the respite to mow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Damn I'll take it I was honestly worried I wouldnt get the yard mowed with how much rain we were expecting but...shit yea I'll take the respite to mow!

I’m going to the Death Cab For Cutie show tomorrow in Riverfront Park, I’d rather not wear my North Face rain jacket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, canderson said:

I’m going to the Death Cab For Cutie show tomorrow in Riverfront Park, I’d rather not wear my North Face rain jacket. 

Its what you get for listening to Death Cab for Cutie as an adult ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Its what you get for listening to Death Cab for Cutie as an adult ;)

Hey I’m 36 - they helped me with a few college breakups!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we lucked out with our carnival last night. I can't believe it didn't rain. When i looked at radar around 4 there was rain moving from the west, then another moving up from like WV. but turned out to be a good evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Anduril said:

So...Im not imagining things but it was supposed to storm today, right?

At least they finally dropped the Flood Watch.  Funny how many are so keyed in on winter failures and WSW's that produce no snow but during our 48-60 hour flood watch we (at my locale) received a few traces of rain and a lot of sun.  

 

40's this weekend in Northern PA (again!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

At least they finally dropped the Flood Watch.  Funny how many are so keyed in on winter failures and WSW's that produce no snow but during our 48-60 hour flood watch we (at my locale) received a few traces of rain and a lot of sun.  

 

40's this weekend in Northern PA (again!)

 

 

Was just thinking along the same lines.  At least we fail consistently round these parts....and not just in our precious winter months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

At least they finally dropped the Flood Watch.  Funny how many are so keyed in on winter failures and WSW's that produce no snow but during our 48-60 hour flood watch we (at my locale) received a few traces of rain and a lot of sun.  

 

40's this weekend in Northern PA (again!)

 

 

Flash Flood watch is back :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Flash Flood watch is back :)

I missed it while putting on my sun screen.  Nice partly cloudy day here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It hammered down rain here for about 10 minutes tonight other than that a great long deration lighting event looking north ,east and south from my garden. Convection and cloud cover are waning fast in the OH and TN valley this morning. Should be FN BOOM TOWN today. Jubilee day and strong convection are almost synonymous . Anyways if anyone wants to punch me in my face I will be at Jubilee day today if the weather allows . Look for the guy with orange curly hair ,big red nose , size 26 shoe with has arms around your wife.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, canderson said:

Tonight a deep red cell went overheard but it didn’t even rain. How is that possible? 

i said the same to my wife. Just like the other night i was watching a cell on radar move from West To East coming right at us, then just like disappeared. Can something be wrong with the radar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pawatch said:

Been a wet week up here.

image.jpg

That map is over stated for south east Franklin county. We are lucky if we have had 1/100th of an inch.  That is a ton of rain up there though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@NWSStateCollege
2h
Much of CPA has been wet over the last 7-days with precipitation 150-300% of normal. Above normal streamflow & saturated ground combined with additional rounds of heavy rain will maintain a heightened flash flood risk through late tonight. #PAwx pic.twitter.com/vsBGSuoktj

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a beautiful sky just a few minutes ago (3pm) near Lancaster at Dutch Apple Theater. I did not expect it... 

FB_IMG_1561057783909.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After today KMDT will be once again above average for the month on precipitation. Which means that October 2018, was the last month that was below normal. And we’ve had something like only 2 below normal month in the last 2 years


. Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

After today KMDT will be once again above average for the month on precipitation. Which means that October 2018, was the last month that was below normal. And we’ve had something like only 2 below normal month in the last 2 years


. Pro

That's wild.

Speaking of wild, these two rainstorms we've had today are tropical-like. Just sheets of rain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's wild.
Speaking of wild, these two rainstorms we've had today are tropical-like. Just sheets of rain. 

Over an inch of rain here so far today


. Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:


Over an inch of rain here so far today


. Pro

PLEASE send it down here.  We are tired of having to go out and water the plants almost every day.  I would have to look back but I do not think we have had an inch of rain in the last 2-3 weeks combined.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.