• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments

Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I didn't here in western Lancaster county...

Maybe our Cumberland county friends did?

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

I didn't but a few friends around did - going out toward the Gap it was more noticeable apparently. 

No, i didn't either. Which is shocking as people all around me said they did, however i think they're full of shit. :lol:

Today is the greatest June day in the history of June days.

I believe I called this a few weeks ago. East wind for the win

. Pro

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Today is the greatest June day in the history of June days.

Someone around here may not break 70 tomorrow under full sunshine.  No way to run a summer.  LOL.  

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I believe I called this a few weeks ago. East wind for the win

. Pro

Yup. Although I think we all said July 4 would be like this and last I looked it does get toasty as we move into July. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The waters temp at Ocean City, NJ is 65 and OC, MD 67 right now.  About 3 degrees below normal for both. 

That's interesting...we're heading for OBX on Saturday but in the past, this was our week to go to Rehoboth Beach. I've been doing it for a LOT of years, and I've found that the ocean is usually between 63-67 in mid-June. Obviously it varies year to year,  but the numbers you have above seem right in line to me based off my memory. 

Maybe that's the problem...my memory. 

You getting any boomers out there? 

This will all change after today for both precipitation and temperature, but through yesterday (6/12) KMDT average high in June thus far was 78.8 (78.3), low 59.2 (59.5), average 69.0 (68.9), and precipitation 1.32 (1.43).

So to date June definitely has reversed some patterns that had been quite entrenched it seemed. Namely high temperature minimums and high Precipitation. After today KMDT will probably end up with close to 1.0” putting them around 2.3” and about 65% of normal monthly June rainfall of 3.6” with 16 days to go.

. Pro

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's interesting...we're heading for OBX on Saturday but in the past, this was our week to go to Rehoboth Beach. I've been doing it for a LOT of years, and I've found that the ocean is usually between 63-67 in mid-June. Obviously it varies year to year,  but the numbers you have above seem right in line to me based off my memory. 

Maybe that's the problem...my memory. 

You getting any boomers out there? 

I took the averages off the seatemperature.org site but they do show them as a whole month vs. daily so it could certainly be different late June vs. mid June.

We got some rumbles back here but not a lot of storms.  Rain was very beneficial.  Grass was dying.

After a windy day today, and a nice day tomorrow, it looks like rain and showers starting Sunday and continuing for the rest of next week. Are we EVER going to get a long term dry spell?

I'm so sick of endless cloudy days and showers...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Voyager said:

After a windy day today, and a nice day tomorrow, it looks like rain and showers starting Sunday and continuing for the rest of next week. Are we EVER going to get a long term dry spell?

I'm so sick of endless cloudy days and showers...

I have seen you guys posting about rain the last few months and it is so dry over here.  I would almost say were were starting to get a mini drought before yesterdays rain.  Unofficially, because I use a yard rain gauge, we have not even broken 1" this month.  Needed yesterdays rain just to keep our grass going.  It looked freshly mowed 5 days after doing it.    A fairly incredible 51 degrees right now. 

Somethings just don’t want to change. Through yesterday MDT had 2.28”, normal is 1.56”. June normal rainfall for the entire month is 3.60”. The rainfall forecast for next 7 days below.
08fd59521856d0c9690b13b5696d69ac.jpg

. Pro

Yea - he next few days might be a little swampy but after Tuesday I think we get back to these nice conditions. 

10 days til the new AC install. Anyone have $10,335 I can have? 

Nothing says summer in south central pa like 2-3”+ of rain forecast Sunday through Thursday. At least Friday and half of Saturday look decent coming up.

. Pro

76 here at 9 pm. Northern Pa has temps in the upper 50’s to low 60’s. That stalled out boundary cutting the state in half is like the Spring/Summer line weather wise. Won’t be moving much till Friday.

. Pro

Flood watches up for basically all of the CWA south of I-80. What a crazy wet pattern we've had over the past 12 month period. Is it ever going to end, or are we the new Pacific Northwest?

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Rain seems to really be concentrating on northern half of PA.  We got a trace yesterday. 

We are stuck between two zones it appears. Had showers overnight though. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

We are stuck between two zones it appears. Had showers overnight though. 

The GFS (formerly the FV3 I guess at this point?  Have not been following if it is really on yet) really does not have that much rain until late week.   I guess some areas NE of Harrisburg get decent amounts but the LSV and S/W looks like about 1" total before Friday. 

41 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Rain seems to really be concentrating on northern half of PA.  We got a trace yesterday. 

In almost total opposition to where the original flood watches were located, which were roughly from I-80 south...lol

In almost total opposition to where the original flood watches were located, which were roughly from I-80 south...lol

More fuel south, but trigger is further north.

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

More fuel south, but trigger is further north.

I think we will get ours this afternoon but outside a specific small area I would be surprised if it was substantial enough to cause anything except road flooding. 

On 6/15/2019 at 9:04 AM, canderson said:

Yea - he next few days might be a little swampy but after Tuesday I think we get back to these nice conditions. 

10 days til the new AC install. Anyone have $10,335 I can have? 

HOLY SHIT