• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

I was surprised to see an actual burst of snow with the last shot of heavier precip that came through about 20 min ago. Transition happened a bit early last night but it's been a sleet storm ever since and little to no zr. Quite a blustery ESE wind as well. I cleared at the changeover and now have 1.3" of sleet to go with the 3.7" of snow with the second round, so 5.9" overall for the whole thing starting Sunday eve. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lebrecker said:

Last nights Forecast 4"-7" snow busts badly in poconos. First time this year the forecast wasn't spot on.   Coating of snow, followed by light freezing rain. 23 degrees  northern carbon county. 

28 inches of snow for year. 

I remember mentioning yesterday about models having a weakness in QPF up in the Binghamton region of the NY southern tier down into NE PA. I know the 12z Euro yesterday barely got to 0.5" or so QPF for the whole thing and it was showing up on the HRRR too. Guess that must have come to fruition. Only a coating? Wow

11 hours ago, Flatheadsickness said:

DSC01866.JPG

DSC01864.JPG

This set of picture and so many others at diffrent times where taken and posted last night a few pages back to prove it was not mixing or mostly rain at this time or any other befor 7:09 and there was no dry slot over the harrisburg area  notice the posting time and most importently the time writen in the snow.  Hell I went to bed at 8:00Am  And herd bs then all rain no sleet there  now Looks to be quater inch of sleet ot there. I bet that happend  only at my house to.  Sure if you where Sitting on your ass just looking at the radar last you might have thought that there was a dry slot. Or maybe like I said earlier some people will try and say anything to seam right.  I know Blizzard knows what went down He is just to nice a guy to say it like it is. Let it be known to all future bull shitters Old Bill is always out at night to catch you BS . I have been autistic for 40 years the weather was not or  will ever be that different 4 miles away for that long a period in or area. 

4 hours ago, Flatheadsickness said:

So I injoyed the storm. It did come up short but I am calling total B/S on more than one persons very local reports from last night and early this morning Trying to B/S the community just to be Mr Right. Thats what I was talking about the other day. I don't care  about going back and looking a @ucking radar when I was out in it all night takeing pictures .When I saw guys in my area say its done and starting to mix and rain at  12:30am I knew what your gig was. What a joke. I have been up for 33 hours time for @ucking bed sorry for haveing to be a dick in your forum guys.

DSC01950.JPG

And here is 8:00 am. Still Just plain old rain 4-5 miles away. Had I been sleeping  I would think we had two more great weather forcasters than we really have,

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Went out and cleaned up during the dryslot moment. I’ll call this 4.5” snow and .3” sleet. Really nice storm -would’ve been perfect had we been able to hang on to the cold air in the atmosphere through noon. 

Like MAG said the ENE wind is chilly!

Not too bad for a lakes cutter haha. 

• Haha 1

Here are my storm stats (as of 1:45pm 2/12):

Round 1 snowfall (ending around noon yesterday) = 1.7" ; Melted liquid was 0.22"

Round 2 snowfall (everything since noon yesterday) = 2.8" ; Melted liquid including all sleet & ZR was 0.71"

Total Storm snowfall was 4.5".  Total liquid so far is 0.93"

Currently it is 32.7 degrees with very light rain and a few light sleet pellets.

14 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

are you at work or over home? I'm at work on Crooked hill, we're still below freezing at 31

I'm hearing roads suck

Home - plow truck comes through with salt and road clears then slowly freezes back over.  Outdoor thermometer is reading 34F but nothing is noticeably melting other than what I can hear coming off the roof.  It looks like cars on I-81 are moving fine but keep hearing occasional sirens for an accident somewhere.

• Like 1

Most of the hour and a half I was outside snow blowing it was a light to moderate snow falling. The heavier precip has moved back in and it is now dumping sleet. The running total on the "sleetfall" is now up to 1.5". This has essentially been an all frozen event here, long after it was supposed to be.