Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

Just now, Stormman96 said:

You have philly getting 3-6?  No chance

I am really unsure about the Philly area because if the snow comes in like what some of the models are showing they could easily get a few inches before any mixing. I might need to adjust things further NW again if the guidance doesn't shift back Southeast.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stormman96 said:

You have philly getting 3-6?  No chance

disagree on no chance... likely? i would say no. However the meso models have been keying on the LL cold being stronger than modeled so definitely not outside the realm of possibility. The snow may only last a hour or two but it may come down in a fury during that time. I could easily see 2-4" so nitpicking 3-6" doesnt seem outlandish to me. I think his map is actually pretty good, pretty much my thoughts as well.

18 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I am really unsure about the Philly area because if the snow comes in like what some of the models are showing they could easily get a few inches before any mixing. I might need to adjust things further NW again if the guidance doesn't shift back Southeast.

rightfully so, down here we could easily see all rain or have an event similar to the one in November. Really tough forecast down this way especially when you have some guidance keeping us freezing for a long while and others pretty much flipping us at the start. We are in a similar situation as you guys in the metro area.  

6 minutes ago, Stormman96 said:

Wasn’t meant to bust him.  So we aren’t entitled to critique snowfall predictions??

its all good we will just wait to tomorrow night an see if my comments were justified 

You are grilling the guy who took the time to make a pretty damn good map considering the complexities involved. If you don't like it then listen to your local forecasters. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stormman96 said:

Wasn’t meant to bust him.  So we aren’t entitled to critique snowfall predictions??

its all good we will just wait to tomorrow night an see if my comments were justified 

I have changed that map three times already and I will likely change it at least one more time before the storm starts after seeing updated guidance. I try to put my past experiences into it and in a lot of places just NW of 95 it can still go either way depending on the exact track of the surface low and how quickly the snow moves in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I have changed that map three times already and I will likely change it at least one more time before the storm starts after seeing updated guidance. I try to put my past experiences into it and in a lot of places just NW of 95 it can still go either way depending on the exact track of the surface low and how quickly the snow moves in.

Ok my apologies I shouldnt have called you out on your map. I guess im just extremely frustrated with this winter. Keep thinking we are finally getting hit then it fails. Trust me I hope your right

• Like 1

The NAM stands alone still; maybe moved 10 miles NW with the transition zone from nada to alotta...

namconus_asnow_neus_15.png&key=9a9578021167c43d07036cf6e7e5d924ea985cde1005682b93cc9ac5f777deba

I do not believe we are done moving south yet. Even the NAM tends to underestimate CAD. Likewise, she's going to take the path of least resistance. To me that's the Cumberland gap, delmarva region, not through NJ and just south of LI

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1