Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 12-13 Snow Event Obs and discussion

ChescoWx

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I think I would have at least gone at inch where the <1" line especially with the bust potential. Luckily the timing won't have an impact like November s storm did but the results could very well be similar. Like Ralph I like 1-3" for us more in SNJ. I think 2" in AC is very low.

Could be completely wrong but everything looks low (non weenie) as far as accumulation especially AC...

14 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS catching up....N with coastal. Assuming 18z continues such relatively large shifts some forecasts will be in serious jeopardy.

Don't get ahead of yourself..all we need is one swift kick in the ass to the S and we're back to square one. But I must say I'm encouraged so far today...

• Like 1

The latest Wxsim run with 12z (NAM/GFS) data of course has bumped up totals thanks to the bogus NAM run - now has 1.5" of snow by 7am tomorrow with snow increasing in intensity later tomorrow PM with 3.0" by 4pm - 5.0" at 9pm and ending up with 6.8" of snow by 1am Monday morning. This will correct with the 18z runs

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Coastal backlash hit into SE NJ big change over previous runs Sunday night even into Monday morning.

Yea tough call for Mt Holly Mets. Can’t say I envy them right now. At least there’s not a lot of people around this area since the New Years holiday is long past. Wonder if this lingers into Monday early morning and impacts schools. 

1 minute ago, Redmorninglight said:

Yea tough call for Mt Holly Mets. Can’t say I envy them right now. At least there’s not a lot of people around this area since the New Years holiday is long past. Wonder if this lingers into Monday early morning and impacts schools. 

ECM ends the snow a few hours before daybreak your in a good spot