• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

Too warm for anything other than rain but the surface can get cold enough for freezing rn if anyone likes that kind of precip, I don't!

925mb.gif?1544913326469

H850

925mb.gif?1544913326469

it's marginal at H700 for freezing precip, lol!

700mb.gif?1544913541308

For a while before a massive rain event, for now at least, as I think it goes up the East side of the spine, as the West side is an extremely anomalous track, but I've seen it happen so we'll see!

A roller coaster of a pattern. This week we go from rain to rn/snow then snow. We accumulate a few to several inches, then we warm next week again into upper 40's low 50's and melt it all, then we cool once again before the holidays but then I think we head into a more sustained cold and snowy scenario or pattern for the next several weeks.

This year so far is mimicking 2002-03 to a T, a strong analog that is working like a charm so far, where November came in way below normal then Dec came and we warmed and warmed more so than we do the next couple weeks. It managed to snow a ft in Syracuse Xmas day and it was spectacular and magical looking on that Morning. It did so in a relatively warm period too, so it can snow, and may do so this yr as well, so I wouldn't discount a system for the holiday week so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3