Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th Scraper

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah and it makes me wonder whether a cleaner phase might keep this a bit more tucked. 

A cleaner phase and this is bm. The other thing people have not quite alluded to is the fact that this is also pulling in artic energy. We are close to a very strong hit. I would not be surprised to see the 3km NAM go bonkers.

Just now, USCG RS said:
2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:
Yeah and it makes me wonder whether a cleaner phase might keep this a bit more tucked. 

A cleaner phase and this is bm. The other thing people have not quote alluded to is the fact that this is also pulling in artic energy. We are close to a very strong hit. I would not be surprised to see the 3km NAM go. Bonkers.

The NAM is leagues from the Euro. Precip shield is far more expansive and the track almost starts to retrograde back onto the coast. Very close to something special. 

7 minutes ago, USCG RS said:
9 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:
Precip shield is more impressive at least. Our best hope is for last minute ticks west. 

H5 is not far off from a complete bomb.

That's all well and good, but we're running out of time.  A near miss is still a miss.  Isn't it at all concerning that the only runs that seem to show hits are the "off runs" at 6z and 18z?

1 minute ago, NYCGreg said:

That's all well and good, but we're running out of time.  A near miss is still a miss.  Isn't it at all concerning that the only runs that seem to show hits are the "off runs" at 6z and 18z?

There's no escaping the fact that we're on the outside looking in. But we're not exactly that far from a hit, and the way these models trend with big complex storms, no reason to throw in the towel just yet. 

2 minutes ago, NYCGreg said:

Not really as you get closer all model runs should hold the same weight...

4 minutes ago, NYCGreg said:

It looks like parts of the island will end up with 1.5 to 2" of precip on the 18z NAM. It may not rock for your hood but it's not a miss. 

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

There's no escaping the fact that we're on the outside looking in. But we're not exactly that far from a hit, and the way these models trend with big complex storms, no reason to throw in the towel just yet. 

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

It looks like parts of the island will end up with 1.5 to 2" of precip on the 18z NAM. It may not rock for your hood but it's not a miss. 

I will clarify - for Hoboken specifically.

A sharper Northern Stream allows for more precipitation to the west of our low. You guys are focusing too much on the initial position of the low. Second consecutive run in which the Northern Stream gets sharper. If we keep this up for a couple more runs, we're golden.

1 minute ago, Ace said:

A sharper Northern Stream allows for more precipitation to the west of our low. You guys are focusing too much on the initial position of the low. Second consecutive run in which the Northern Stream gets sharper. If we keep this up for a couple more runs, we're golden.

Yes that is what I saw to be the most important part of this run! Game is not over guys...

• Rjay locked this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived