• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

9 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

It’d be nice to keep it interesting. Well East of 81 as I see it. Just not enough time. Not enough dig. Not enough negative. Forms to far N. It has a kicker (slow pusher). 

Just not enough anything. Hope I’m wrong. NAM has been crushing it this year. I’m probably being dumb to discount it. And we have about 2 more model cycles where EC storms trend west (before correcting East in last couple). So 18z- tomorrow’s 6z Nam could be entertaining, if not misleading. 

The Euro model doesn't seem to have been all that good this year. Just a couple of days ago it was hinting at almost 17" of snow for my area between the 3rd and 13th...doesn't look like we'll see much of anything!

You gotta quit this storm. I don’t understand you. You hated on the last one up until it buried you and yet you hug this one for zero reason. 
Mind your own posts and don't concern yourself with mine, thanks, as your posts I don't even read, so dont read mine if they bother you sooooo much, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kbuf 

On Thursday...the heart of our forecast area will become the pivot
point for a classic Fujiwara-type interaction between the two storm
systems within the larger longwave gyre. The initial closed low will
dive southeast toward the Mid Atlantic region while the more dynamic
secondary storm system will rotate north to the coast of Maine.
Again...this will keep the bulk of the organized lift on the corners
of our forecast area where snow showers will be more concentrated.
In the case of the North Country...the snow will become especially
widespread and steady as a result of the deeper synoptic moisture
being wrapped around the northwest periphery of the Nor`easter. Have
thus raised pops to categorical for this area. Snowfall
accumulations will range from one to two inches...with the higher
amounts generally across the higher terrain (abv 1500 ft).

As is usually the case with binary interaction...the two cores will
eventually merge into one consolidated mid level storm system. This
will be the case Thursday and night and Friday when the complex
storm system will (de)evolve into one stacked low over New England.
In the process...the nor`easter will become captured by its
overlying mid level support and be drawn inland across Maine.
Meanwhile deep Atlantic moisture will be circulated back to the west
across all of our forecast area where snow will become steadier and
more widespread. Have raised pops by some 10 to 15 points regionwide
with cat pops found east of the Finger Lakes. Would not be surprised
if all of the region were raised to categorical pops within the next
package or two. The deepening moisture will translate into a fairly
deep dendritic growth zone as well...with depths likely exceeding 5k
ft. This will provide the bulk of the region with an environment
very conducive for efficient snow making...so would not rule out the
potential for several inches of snow during this 24 hour period.

06Z NAM and GFS pushing snow all the back into CNY.  GFS particularly bullish over next 3-4 days.  This continues to evolve on models. Hard to believe a tucked in sub 990 mb slp near NYC doesn't throw back at least advisory snows here.  The interaction with the primary is going to be interesting to watch.  Then there's extended wraparound into Thurs/Fri.  I think KSYR can see 6-9" out of this, net.  

gfs_apcpn_us_12.png

7 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

There'll be snow in the air from tomorrow right through Saturday for Central and Eastern New York!

Yeah there will be. Really interested to see if 12z runs remain bullish for CNY. Weeniecide hotlines will be busy along the coast if that happens (i think i95 NJ-PVD- BOS slots and/or rains regardless).  I don't put a whole lot of faith in the off hour runs but they can sometimes be useful from a trending standpoint.  Regardless, KALB appears to be the best positioned synoptically no matter what evolves.  

17 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Taken from the NE board. 

A2FD24CE-9A0B-4220-A189-3AFD8B82E78D.png.8736268a21af312928f28cc08403a1aa.png

12Z NAM dryslots the bejesus out of SNE and rotates precip back over CNY to as far west as ROC and BUF with what appears to be lake enhancement as system stalls and then fills invof Montreal...

3km NAM has 8" for KSYR thru end if it's run at 60 hrs. 32km NAM continues with wraparound thru HR 84.  Not horrible for us.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I love reading the NE board when things trend west, lol!

Very interested in 12z Euro.  Although in reality, tonight's 00z will be more of the tell as to wether the more tucked in scenarios are valid or noise. Regardless, looks like some decent wraparound that is lake enhanced.  I'm not sure that 12z verbatim would warrant expanding the watch west...if 00z is similar then maybe. I see advisory for us due to more prolonged nature of the event as best hit still looks to be E and SE of us. How the fujiwara-like interaction at 500mb plays out is going to be a key.

13 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

30 minutes later... what’s the verdict?

Euro at 72h looks goofy. Thru 48 its a touch west of 0Z as far as i can tell.  Its reasonably in line with 0Z and the 12z US model ideas. Appears to  keep slp track a touch SE of GFS/NAM which doesn't really impact us, more of an issue for SNE. So you can guess which models were tossed by the intelligensia elsewhere.  Not sure on its qpf distribution. 00Z gonna be pretty interesting.

Also...next weeks storm pretty much suppressed and almost vaporized by EC and GFS...So hasta la vista to that one. EC shoves plenty of cold air south tho...maybe late season LES.

I love reading the NE board when things trend west, lol!
So do I, and I think there are ppl on the Verrazano bridge waitin to jump when they see this system tomorrow come right over the top of AC . They still have the Euro to coddle, well at least KBOS does, but the GFS kicked the living daylights out of the EURO with the last event especially in and around NYC where it had almost 14" and they got the big ol' goosegg, lol as did the rest of the boroughs.

The first little impulse comes through tonight through the early mornin hrs tomorrow then a break and it's during this time we see the precip shield start to pivot West so we'll see how far West it gets. Hoping the GFS scores another coup, but who really knows at this pt.

7 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

The first little impulse comes through tonight through the early mornin hrs tomorrow then a break and it's during this time we see the precip shield start to pivot West so we'll see how far West it gets. Hoping the GFS scores another coup, but who really knows at this pt.

At least we’re still in the ballgame after being out of it a couple of days ago. Hopefully we can score several inches from the front end before getting into the wrap around/lake effect  Thursday to Saturday. 

• Like 1