• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 31st - February 2nd Possible Winter Storm

HillsdaleMIWeather

This thing is trying to turn into a glorified frontal passage, but not quite all the way there.  Obviously you want to be south of I-80 at this point for the better chance of accumulating snow, although there is the separate northern stream clipper type system that has its own area of snow.

1 hour ago, Street said:

I70 is a mile from where I live. I'm not liking being in the bullseye this early on.. waiting for models to trend SE as usual! 

Don't worry, I-70 will be safe. Guess who gets snow? Kentucky, Detroit, Toledo, Chicago, New York. Note: this 12z Euro run is not done yet, but this time frame is Tuesday 00z (Monday, 6:00PM CT)

MnIFEyJ.png

3 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Don't worry, I-70 will be safe. Guess who gets snow? Kentucky, Detroit, Toledo, Chicago, New York. Note: this 12z Euro run is not done yet, but this time frame is Tuesday 00z (Monday, 6:00PM CT)

MnIFEyJ.png

That looks like the 00z run.  You have to be careful on that site as the run is coming in as it will give you the old run if the incoming run is not out far enough.

30 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

12z Ukie does the same. Basically has an I-70 special.

I kind of like where we ( I-70 crowd) sit.   Ggem is almost a miss to the north....gfs is a close miss to the south and the euro is about 75 miles south and a few mb shy from being a nice one.    I'm not completely convinced this is going to be our usual weakening and increasingly suppressed wave....although definitely posdible with a pressing shot of fresh arctic air and a positively tilted trough.  At least something to track again.

5 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I kind of like where we ( I-70 crowd) sit.   Ggem is almost a miss to the north....gfs is a close miss to the south and the euro is about 75 miles south and a few mb shy from being a nice one.    I'm not completely convinced this is going to be our usual weakening and increasingly suppressed wave....although definitely posdible with a pressing shot of fresh arctic air and a positively tilted trough.  At least something to track again.

Oh no buddy! You are showing your optimistic side again! Lol

22 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I share the same optimism but cautious optimism at that. Right now it's like we have two goal post, one on either side and we just need the kicker to put it through the uprights!

35 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

That looks like the 00z run.  You have to be careful on that site as the run is coming in as it will give you the old run if the incoming run is not out far enough.

You are right. the 12z run has something different, like a total of 0.4" of QPF for Detroit and Chicago as snow.

5 minutes ago, CoachLB said:

It's been dying a slow death for a couple days. Gem following suit now.

Of course gfs moves the goal posts and says just wait a couple of days later.... 

We are into mirage storm tracking mode now. A fresh threat always 168 hrs out, each one falling apart as it gets closer.

Archived