• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31st - February 2nd Possible Winter Storm

HillsdaleMIWeather

Wasn't overly optimistic about this one to begin with, lol. And now models reverting to a pattern primary dominated by clippers. Not surprised by it as we've seen very little southern stream influence all winter. All jokes aside, if it wasn't for all the LES influence in my area, this winter would have been no better than the last two. Crazy how this is the 3rd Nina since 2011 and it's utter garbage, lol. 

20 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

Wasn't overly optimistic about this one to begin with, lol. And now models reverting to a pattern primary dominated by clippers. Not surprised by it as we've seen very little southern stream influence all winter. All jokes aside, if it wasn't for all the LES influence in my area, this winter would have been no better than the last two. Crazy how this is the 3rd Nina since 2011 and it's utter garbage, lol. 

Calling this winter an "utter garbage" winter, in the same league with 2011-12, is tad hyperbolic. No?

It's been an average winter. 5/10.

4 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Calling this winter an "utter garbage" winter, in the same league with 2011-12, is tad hyperbolic. No?

Maybe average for you, but in MBY we are well behind normal snowfall. The most annoying part is that if we are going to be this dry, we may as well shoot for futility records. But we managed to screw that up this winter too. 

5 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

My apologizes, I should have clarified it properly. I mean in the context of a "typical Nina", this winter is just terrible. The last three La Nina's have been well below normal snow wise and exceptionally warm, minus this year. When you look at La Nina winters prior to the 90's, for the most part, they averaged above normal snow wise. Now I don't want to speculate or for certain say its related to climatology, but it's something to consider. 

Archived