• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/8/18 Wintry Mix Event OBS and last minute forecasts.

John1122

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jed33 said:

Sky cover has actually decreased oddly here. I’d call it fair or mostly clear actually. No wind still temp is now 25. 

Same here in Jeff City...very clear skies with many stars visible...26 degrees which is already below the projected low temp of the night...still think WAA will take over at some point

New RGEM doesn’t seem fast enough with the precip either. It  looks like the current precip on radar is further east than where it’s modeled that it should be. Amounts dropped on that run. Fine by me, don’t really think 0.3in of ice would be fun anyway! Still 0.1-0.2in for a large chunk of the eastern valley 

I’ll say this, ZR or not, the radar back to the west and southwest looks really juicy. Maybe we’ll get some precip. Really is dry around here. One thing I’m wondering about is soil temps and how this is gonna play out as whatever falls on it happens, and then we go above freezing. I imagine it will get pretty foggy around the area as all the ice in the soil begins to thaw! Seen that many times. Could put a damper on the temps along about Tues and Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Dropped a degree to 30 with the dewpoint still at 9. East wind 3mph. The radar has filled in significantly over the past hour or so. I’m wondering if the returns around I75 north of Cleveland are hitting the ground.

I can tell you nothing hitting the ground north of Cleveland 

3 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Would the simulation radars pick up on virga?

I think generally no depending on the model, from what I have seen over the years.  However that said OBS are being reported ahead of modeling, so it does seem to be moving quicker or just jucier than had been modeled.

Archived