joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Watch the Euro have the low passing over Cleveland, lol!

I think it was Tim McGraw that sang, I like it I love it I want some more of it...the 12 euro is in the low passes safely over Central Pennsylvania at hour 96, much closer to the gefs and eps ensembles. With each run we are narrowing down onto a track WNY will love imo.

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

the 12 euro is in the low passes safely over Central Pennsylvania at hour 96, much closer to the gefs and eps ensembles. With each run we are narrowing down onto a track WNY will live imo.

From the NE forum: "But you can see early on where the front is setting up. Over SE MA or so. That's prob where the low would track in reality instead of over the Catskills and greens."

It moved a bit east...and just when you think all hope is lost...lol

I hope everyone is only talking about trends as the EURO is horrible for practically all on this board. Basically we warm as the SLP approaches then rain and when its cold enough for snow all the precip is in Ontario and we slot. Yuck, give me rain and get all this horrifically disgusting looking snow out of here.

Won't be all white if H850/925 center passes over head or west. Prob wont get consensus on that for another few model cycles. CNY probably the most on the bubble for icing. I do recall slp's that have run right up the apps in recent years despite claims this never happens.  As i recall they were disappointing outcomes...

Antecedent air mass, warm close to the 50's on Friday, before they crash but it undercuts, so lots of ice.  I have never seen a low pass to my East with us getting rain. Makes no sense, plain and simple. We need to get the SLP to our immediate South, not SSW or SW, because we will still rain if that occurs, That's why we snow on the GFS. Position of the 850 lp and the 700 lp are huge with this event.

Archived