Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think the GGEM has been on a role lately especially with the recent bomb, Nor'easter as it was pretty much the only global to latch on to it being much closer to the coast, especially with its precip output, and that's what it ended up being. I'm not saying that it's right for this system in any way, trust me, but I wouldn't just throw it out either like the gang up in NE. I still believe all options are still on the table but if I we're to pick which side of the spine this thing travels, I would have to say the western side, then perhaps a secondary pops or a jump to the Coast somewhere.

If the NAM is even close to being right with its track and thermal profiles then somewhere in W-CNY will be absolutely buried, then the enhancement kicks in and affects the whole South Shore especially in and around KROC, which may be EPIC, but I'm just playing out a fantasy scenario in my head, lol!

We gotta keep these east jumps in the same perspective as the earlier west jumps (ensembles with NW Michigan winning). The overall model forecast has been incredibly consistent with WNY inline for a heavy snowfall with mixing likelier as you approach areas SE of Gennesse Valley. 

Ive been bullish on this one and am more confident now. Ice and thickness worries are real but overdone IMHO. 

Wanna get a peak at 0z Euro before I put down early total list. But it’s gonna be big. Someone on Thruway corridor gets 2 feet. 

Hope it doesn’t come across as cocky. I’m mostly just averaging maps and drawing on years of living here and hope- lots of hope. 

Archived