• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

This is NOT going back West, so I hope ppl on this sub-forum is not hoping on a NW trend the last couple days.  If anything, it'll continue to trend East, and we'll be next to say, on to the next one, but not yet as I think this is now a CNY event.

This is most likely true but remember last March? 8-12" for WNY and they got 20-35". Models are terrible. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

This is most likely true but remember last March? 8-12" for WNY and they got 20-35". Models are terrible. 

Can it happen, sure, anything can happen but is it likely, nah.  We have a 1046HP pushing East so this is NOT going back West but it can and will continue to trend East till it decides to stop.  Who's to say it even stops at all?  Looks like a glorified frontal passage with a few embedded waves riding up along the front, which can still drop copious amounts of snow. Remember this system is still juiced up big time and the moisture has to go somewhere.

6 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

ukmet looks more like the canadian than it does the gfs. 

P1_GZ_D5_PN_060_0000.gif

If you look closely you can see it picking up on enhancement on south side of lake. I’m still bullish. Someone gets 16-18”. Buf -Syracuse in the game. 

There is also a HP over Atlantic. So slowdown on thinking this goes OTS. 

Better thermal look at h850 for KSYR, KFZY on 0z/11 Euro.  I don't know why anyone thinks this system was ever "amped"...It's a non complex wave slinging a big slug of moisture NE...996, 998, 1001 mb is like one of those meso vortices on the (moronically named) "bomb storm."  

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It's still not a big event for WNY. Mainly a central/eastern event. 

It's 8-15" for all of WNY...that's a decent sized synoptic event.. ENY from ALY and southbound is the big nipski.

I kind of hate seeing clown maps with SYR jackpotting 2 days out. Yesterday it was BUF...tomorrow...BOS! ;)

Archived