Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Its time to put away models and LOOK at the Beauty of This thing now. Cache this.

Its blowing a hole in the atmosphere now and gonna slide more Due N next few hrs

Yep.....center on sat is beautiful......IR imagery says it all....moving due north SSE of HAT.....just incredible presentation......visible in the morning should be epic

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Backed off a lot...had me like 16"+ earlier....like half that now.

It's had me from 4 to 20 to 4 to 12 every other run, but im sure you know by now the reliability of it. I'm just getting caught up, 00Z suite looks great for most in SNE and the bleeding edge of NYC. Still like my 6-12 for most of the state...

1 minute ago, weatherlogix said:

that center is moving west of north

IDK it can be hard to tell sometimes......with the wobbles.....but ya its definitely not moving east.....yet....also seems like that western center of circulation is clearly the dominant one now if there was any doubt about that eastern one

So this is an estimate based on the fact that Mainland Dare County, NC is about 14 miles wide.

I tracked a cloud tag on the edge of that sting jet. It tracked along that 14 mile marker I created in 8 minutes. Stretch that out over 60 minutes, it would have traveled 105 miles in that hour.

That low means business right now.

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

That has me very worried here on the Cape, could we really maximize our wind potential and get 90mph winds

I'm also worried! 90 is ambitious but gusts to 65 could knock out power to 50% of cape cod customers and with this arctic blast this is life threatening for some. But as for a snow lover like yourself it may be time to dial up uber and head west.

Archived