Welcome to American Weather
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

1,126 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

That's just nutty, lol, as I'm just to your West on rt12 and we got hammered!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13" of snow since 2 am or so here in Phoenix. 17" for whole event. Not bad!

3 people like this

13" of snow since 2 am or so here in Phoenix. 17" for whole event. Not bad!

Yeah, we're really close to one another as I'm approaching 20" now, which makes NWS's 18-24", a good forecast and it's still accumulating, as by now I was expecting nuisance snows that wouldn't stick all day, but that hasn't been the case, if fact it's been the exact opposite.

Ended up with 2 inches overnight.  7 total for the event.  I actually got more snow on Sunday from Lake Erie than the past two days combined.  Bahhh.

FYI Detroit metro and many counties in eastern lower Michigan are under a WSW for 5 to 8 inches by midnight...food for thought regarding our potential accums tonight.

FYI Detroit metro and many counties in eastern lower Michigan are under a WSW for 5 to 8 inches by midnight...food for thought regarding our potential accums tonight.

Problem is, the precip dies, once it moves into WNY and W-PA so I'm wondering how much actual precip can make it over here but I hope it translates eastward so we'll see.

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Problem is, the precip dies, once it moves into WNY and W-PA so I'm wondering how much actual precip can make it over here but I hope it translates eastward so we'll see.

It's quite the potent SW though...

Untitled.jpg

It goes from a 5-8"er in So.MI but once into PA and WNY, totals drop off to half, so I guess with high ratios, a fresh coating of Snow may fall, then a short lived LES event ESE of LO. I'm thinking WNY does well, much more so than us Eastern LO folk, due to the proximity of where KBUF is, with regards to the SLP.

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Definitely looks good that's for sure, lol!

I could see this one over-performing for us.

Extrapolating upstream radars shows that main precipitation field more or less missing us...You guys are quite optimistic.  That thing is diving nearly due southeast.   I could see Chataqua county grabbing a couple/three inches. Maybe a coating to an inch towards roc and virtually nothing east.