joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

We work in Lancaster and Amherst so don't want to go too far south and have a long commute.  Another interesting option I've been thinking about is actually moving as much east as south.  The way the Lake Erie bands orient themselves, the area from Alden to around Marilla can do quite well.  Much easier commute from that way too. 

I can get to downtown Buffalo in 14 mins via Route 5 and can get to Walden Galleria in 20 via I90. But traffic on the 90 is insane during rush hour now. Once you get to far east you lose the modern conveniences. Loads of restaurants, stores, etc... in Hamburg, OP, EA. I think EA is great spot as 400 is rarely busy. 

Storm synopsis was great. Roc did underperform. I think the primary was just too far north and then didn't ever track up Vermont as early models showed. That and the secondary was over Michigan. Way to far north. 

Which is why the winds were WNW as opposed to a more Northerly component. 

Front end WAS impressive. I ended with 9" total. Which verifies for WSW. Barely. 

42 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Snow picked up big time, nice little band forming..

BCA655BC-502C-4EBE-B591-E358BAE076DB.jpeg

I am on the southern fringe of that band in Onondaga cty...just spitting snow here but we'll see what happens if it drops a bit south. I'll be asleep by then though. Something to look forward to waking at dawn?

Picked up 1.2" here. Curious how you folks off L.O. did? 

Lake effect tomorrow for Buffalo looks not very impressive. Probably more in Niagara Falls than in Buffalo or the southtowns. I'd guess 3-6" for Niagara Falls, 2-4" for Buffalo and the North/ Southtowns, 4-8" for ski country once the band does sweep through the city and southtowns. Looks like the band may only spend an hour or two in the southtowns so we'll need really heavy rates to accumulate more than a couple inches...

Looks like Finger Lake effect in the southern tier. There must be a narrow streamer of low topped lake effect over Fulton. As I look off towards the west I can just see some low clouds on the horizon. It's actually quite pretty here with bright sunshine, blue skies and fresh snow. 

Archived