• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, vortmax said:

Been really enjoying this St. Lawrence band today. Perfect timing to visit the Thousand Islands! About 3-4" of fluff this morning. Been fun watching ships go by in the snow while sitting in a hot tub.

Nice!!  The rare lake effect band up the St. Lawrence.  Sounds like you had a great spot to enjoy it.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Of course the band is bowing out and gonna blow through here in probably 20 min, we will have the least amount of residency time of anyone. We’ll be lucky to see an inch! What a bust for here. 3-5” my a$$.

I'm blocking you on here until you post something positive. I don't think I've ever seen a positive post from you. You have 30 inches already before winter even starts.  ^_^

1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

I’ll post something positive when something positive happens, but go for it! 

My first thought when looking at this band a half hour ago was that it was going to blast through the "transition zone" pretty much faster than any other area.  I knew there would be some unhappy campers.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You have over 30" and its Dec 15th. How is that not positive? Northtowns have under 10". 

Easy for you to say when you’ve been in the bullseye in literally just about every event and have nearly double of what I have on the season. Also just because it’s been decent here doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck to see a band blow through here quicker then anywhere else with the lightest returns of anywhere in WNY. Also sucks when the forecast is for 3-5” and we’ll be extremely lucky to see 1” as this thing is literally just about out of here already and we barely have a dusting...

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Well the Northtowns always suck, no need to bring them into this, haha. 

West Seneca has gotten robbed by some events but are in good shape on the grand scale, so you are both right.

I've been getting screwed left to right with this LES for as long as i can remember lol, W.S scored big on both the '10 and '14 events while we got shafted up here..

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

And also, I went from a forecast of 12-18 to getting 1 inch on Tuesday.  Now that's getting shafted.  

I feel your pain man, that absolutely sucks. I had the same thing happen to me with the first lake effect event last Thursday where 2 days before the event I was in the 2 to 3 foot zone by the NWS only to get 0.7” from it ... probably why even the little busts like this one sting so bad cause it seems it’s one after another after another that all just keep adding up. Even more frustrating when a few miles away has double what you have. 

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

I feel your pain man, that absolutely sucks. I had the same thing happen to me with the first lake effect event last Thursday where 2 days before the event I was in the 2 to 3 foot zone by the NWS only to get 0.7” from it ... probably why even the little busts like this one sting so bad cause it seems it’s one after another after another that all just keep adding up. Even more frustrating when a few miles away has double what you have. 

Long range has started to look a little bit better. We will warm up, but synoptic chances definitely increase. I think this pattern is good for our area and points west. I think the east coast doesn't do well at all the next few weeks. Panic room should have some good posts coming up soon. 

2 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

I've been getting screwed left to right with this LES for as long as i can remember lol, W.S scored big on both the '10 and '14 events while we got shafted up here..

Yeah and I didn’t live in West Seneca for either event and wasn’t even in this state during 14’. Haven’t been in a Great Lake effect event myself since October 2006. I’m rooting for the city myself too, and when it’s their time I’ll be happy as can be for them but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck when I keep getting shafted here...

1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

Yeah and I didn’t live in West Seneca for either event and wasn’t even in this state during 14’. Haven’t been in a Great Lake effect event myself since October 2006. I’m rooting for the city myself too, and when it’s their time I’ll be happy as can be for them but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck when I keep getting shafted here...

lol

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah true, they really missed out on first event, but did decent in the second one. 

4-6 inches in the northtowns on the second one. Sub-warning snows. I guess that’s “decent” but it was pretty lame for that to have been the best part of this almost two week period with all that wasted potential.

Archived