Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Just now, eaglesin2011 said:

I dunno looking like its gonna be some sort or snow to rain back to snow sort of storm for us.

You know how that turns out here most of the time its allot of sleet that normaly isn't forecast...

Gonna need the perfect set up to make it historic in this area... 

I'm  expecting a mix bag at this point...

Agreed. And possible freezing rain also. Look at those winds tho. We don’t want freezing rain w gusts to 45-50. Need to get inside of 72 hours to really have a better idea. 

59 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

Eh....     For some reason this storm right now is not modeled with much "ice"   its either Rain to snow...  snow to rain to snow.. all snow or nothing....  :D

Sure its "modeled" for that but most rain back to snow storms in this area end up with allot of sleet or just plain rain.. Its rarely ever all snow in this type of storm in this area.

Where you all located? I'm right outside the Short Pump area ..The rain/snow line sets up right a little more north west from here allot .

Cadding for true ice storms have been hard to come by lately.  High is not the ideal spot for a wide spread ice event.     Sure there might be a small transition zone between snow to rain.   Unless the high can nose down a bit faster before the system comes in.  Ice will probably not be a huge factor right now.         Rain is surely a bigger concern if the low is too fast.      Heck a weak storm  or no storm is still the cards. 

Definitely allot more reasonable totals, still cant really take any of them verbatim until the first storm passes but good to see them all showing snow at some point... Its definitely going going depend on where it tracks  & how strong & of course how fast we get & how long we can keep the cold air in place...Also, if we can cash in on the back end wrap around here or not..That is normally when we are able to get the decent totals here. Allot still up in the air for sure..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RVASnowLover said:

South trend happening? 

I was just going to remark about that. It looks like from looking at the 12 Z models so far and going back 24 hours it is trending south. Lots of talk about that on the main mid Lantic thread. We don’t want to trend much more south or else it’ll lack precipitation for RVA. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JB Fins said:

Yeah, they are lining up at the cliff in that thread.  

Hoping for WSW criteria snow.  Guess we will have to see the impact of tomorrow's system and where the models go from there.  

Oh I bet. I haven’t ventured over there yet. I’m hoping for the same. I don’t mind it going south, means more cold air for us but can’t go too far south 

• Like 2