Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

10 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Ha ha. . It does look more north and a bit better put togethet but again it's all gonna be where the heavy band sets up and what makes it past  the mountains/dry air.. 

Radar hallucinations till then...

I agree. It looks better on radar now than what the models have but we’ll see how the precip field shapes up when it gets here 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, benjammin said:

I read on the SE board that the 18Z Nam finally involves VA more but haven't seen a map or how far north that really means. 

18z gets it up further North into VA, but misses Richmond.  Idk if it's a dry slot or what, but it looks like Danville / Martinsville area gets walloped, but east of there gets nothing. 

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=nam3km&region=neus&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2021010718&fh=1

8 minutes ago, benjammin said:

I read on the SE board that the 18Z Nam finally involves VA more but haven't seen a map or how far north that really means. 

Nothing really changed. Again once the precip gets close to us it just dries up. According to 18z 3K NAM you have to go to Danville to get any snow. Low in Maine must be pretty strong because whatever moisture tries to get us just dries up. I will say though the radar looks nothing like what the NAM depicts it should look like. Probably doesn’t mean much but we’ll see 

3 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

18z gets it up further North into VA, but misses Richmond.  Idk if it's a dry slot or what, but it looks like Danville / Martinsville area gets walloped, but east of there gets nothing. 

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=nam3km&region=neus&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2021010718&fh=1

It’s weird how it’s doing that. Once you go east of Danville it’s basically nothing 

radar so far so good - not sure if anything is actually making it to the surface but should be a good sign to at least see some flakes *fingers crossed*

image.thumb.png.e1ca8adcb7705a4414152286f520ec4e.png

Comparing to the HRRR - looks like that has had a good feel for this which did bring some light stuff into the area.

10 hours ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Looks like a disorganized broken up mess to me but guess we will see how it looks in the morning... if it looks like we can squeeze out anything up this way besides rain.

It still looks like a disorganized broken up mess. I highly doubt we get much of anything out of this

9 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

And the 28th too? I’m more interested in Thursday, I don’t believe in anything happening on Monday/Tuesday here. I’d love to be surprised though.

Yeah for the 28th too. If you take it verbatim RVA is right on that line as it always is and we all know how that usually goes. Wild to see how low off SC. High to the north but can’t get enough cold air this way