• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Nam says its out still for the Wednesday Night/Thursday event.  RGEM says its game for a little taste of snow.    Icon has a little snow too.    Should seem some flakes off chance to beat are highest snow of 1.0" for the season?    Maybe.. still not sold. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

Nam says its out still for the Wednesday Night/Thursday event.  RGEM says its game for a little taste of snow.    Icon has a little snow too.    Should seem some flakes off chance to beat are highest snow of 1.0" for the season?    Maybe.. still not sold. 

1.4” book it. Lol

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

00z gfs was bad for everyone. Transfer is too slow. Both para and op GFS still wants to give southern Va and NC good hits on Thursday. 1 inch here in Richmond 

Trending towards the euro though so that’s good (for Sunday/Monday).  See what uk and euro look like for 00z- hopefully they hold

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

I would say the 12z HRRR isn’t far off either?

It also appears the 12z NAM is a bit more moist.

Yeah the HRRR seems to agree with the GFS. I think a consensus is 1-3 for NC. The GFS is putting down down 7-8 inches for parts of NC. That seems extreme but we’ll see 

11 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Gonna really depend where that moisture sets up that's coming in  near Memphis TN ... Its holding together so far but will get pulled into the coast system.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out...

coastal system radar looks to be expanded more north than models depicted so hoping that is more favorable to get us some flakes

I am a bit antsy now about Sunday/Monday given the discussion in the other thread.  Seems like temps will most certainly be an issue for us as depicted now and as we know through history.  I just hate the angst of sitting through rain and waiting for a changeover.  Remember a storm, think March of 2009, where it rained most of the day Sunday and transitioned and we got 11" so know it happens but just have snow starved lately, don't want to see 3" of slop while to the north they get 2'.

6 minutes ago, JB Fins said:

I am a bit antsy now about Sunday/Monday given the discussion in the other thread.  Seems like temps will most certainly be an issue for us as depicted now and as we know through history.  I just hate the angst of sitting through rain and waiting for a changeover.  Remember a storm, think March of 2009, where it rained most of the day Sunday and transitioned and we got 11" so know it happens but just have snow starved lately, don't want to see 3" of slop while to the north they get 2'.

Yeah, a lot of the GFS has been rain here... Euro, UK, and Canadian have been decent for here in my opinion. 
We are famous for the rain/snow line after all!

Edit: Lets get through 12z and beyond before we form some opinions...

• Like 2

Just now, RVASnowLover said:

We all get nervous about the rain snow line around here. I’ll be focusing more on the UK and EURO which are nice hits so far. We will always have concerns over mixing issues. That’s just our climo

And, the better Resolution can help too once we get closer, i believe that was one of the big things that helped in 2018 of December in my opinion.

• Like 2

I dont doubt that this ends up being a  rain  to snow event.. Normally always happens here in big storms.. We definitely should push for more of a southern trend . It may not end up  being as big of a storm but at least it wouldn't be as much mixing. 

I can see a major sleet event here..  Hopefully that dosnt happen...