Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

3 minutes ago, JB Fins said:

Yeah, when we get dustings like this I have to come up with descriptive measurements over actual measurements.  I am calling this Cole Slaw out here in Tuckahoe.

Yeah, agreed, same place.

This wasn’t supposed to be the winter for snow if I remember correctly, it all kinda changed midway through.

• Like 1

Congrats you southern folks on this first storm.. Just a heavy dusting/car topper  here..

I'm content at this point to enjoy whatever snow we get on Sunday, even if it will only be around a few hours..

Would be nice to get a good front end  thump ..

I will be happy if we can get 2 to 3 inches before the changeover.. Anything after that will be a bonus.

Just hope we can avoid a ice storm 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

Why I don’t trust the GFS. It consistently showed Danville and parts of NC getting 8-9 inches of snow today. Not even close. Generally 1-3, isolated areas got 4

I’m still hoping that the 0z runs were just a flunk or something. I’m still optimistic for events after this one should they appear on models, I have too much trust in late season storms. And yeah, GFS is weird. We’ll see what happens at 12z

59 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

I’m still hoping that the 0z runs were just a flunk or something. I’m still optimistic for events after this one should they appear on models, I have too much trust in late season storms. And yeah, GFS is weird. We’ll see what happens at 12z

Hopefully the 12z suite will be better. Need to start seeing some better trends soon 

That 12z RGEM looks good, but the ending of rain isn’t. Hopefully the extra clarity as we get closer doesn’t reveal that it will be rain to wash it away. It’s annoying that what’s perfect for them up in NoVa and beyond, is usually bad for us down here, so you have to read their posts carefully.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

That 12z RGEM looks good, but the ending of rain isn’t. Hopefully the extra clarity as we get closer doesn’t reveal that it will be rain to wash it away. It’s annoying that what’s perfect for them up in NoVa and beyond, is usually bad for us down here, so you have to read their posts carefully.

Exactly. It is wild. NOVA is obviously not far but what works for them usually doesn’t work well for us and vice versa. That’s why I usually just go on there to find maps. Really hope we can stay away from rain. I’m fine with 4-6 of snow and then some sleet. Just don’t want rain 

Just now, RVAman said:

I genuinely think if the low is off the coast just South enough the Northwesterly cold air will push in just enough to keep the rain to the south towards Petersburg / Colonial Heights areas.

Hopefully the models aren’t right on picking up the thermals. I’ve seen it before where models said we would go over to rain but never did 

• Like 1

Great UK run for the area - 7" through first 12 hours with a lengthy break (hopefully we can stay a little cooler - at around 33 degrees all day Monday but this is during very light precip or dry slots) with an additional 1-4" depending on area to finish off the storm.

image.png.4ff01b369881df62ccd02eb93eabde8f.png

• Like 2

Through 114: Euro nothing to write home about - looks like a 3-4" - precip switches to a light rain Monday and back to light snow 0Z Tuesday.  Really a lack of moisture in our area this run.  Good initial lump but lacking after 18z Sunday.  Still a little wrap around to come through but don't anticipate more than an inch with that