Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

7 minutes ago, JB Fins said:

Agree, would take that run in a heartbeat and call it.

However, 7 days out and I hate anytime we are in the bullseye this far out.

Guess we can play the "We're due" card.

Agree. It’s also happening on a Thursday and for some reason we get our best snows on a Thursday-weekend 

Yeah the 28th looks to be our best chance for awhile .   I cant say I like being in the bullseye this early either..... A jog back south wouldn't be the worst thing at this point. Still think allot is going to depend on how far north the first storm goes to set up this one so probably won't know for sure until that happens.. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Yeah the 28th looks to be our best chance for awhile .   I cant say I like being in the bullseye this early either..... A jog back south wouldn't be the worst thing at this point. Still think allot is going to depend on how far north the first storm goes to set up this one so probably won't know for sure until that happens.. 

Agree. The Monday storm will be depict what happens with this one. That’s why I’m cautiously optimistic. If anything, a small jog south would be okay 

• Like 1

Just now, wasnow215 said:

Need it to go ENE if it’s gonna move north. May not have as much qpf in RVA if that occurs, but at least it would stay mostly snow.

I don’t want a little bit of Snow TV from this, while knowing that DC gets smushed watching the SnowPukeTv channel. That would be torture, because I could totally see it raining at every possible chance after that with the summer we just had.

• Like 2

Just now, JB Fins said:

Ha!  The 20" plus bullseye looks to be over DT's house in Chester.

Yeah, history suggests this thing starts to shift north as we hear are more chattier DC folks state, "right where we want it" this far out.

Or history might suggest that the GFS isnt done with the south shift and shifts a few hundred miles, setting it up perfectly for you guys *ahem December 2018*

• Like 3

Yeah, I think I am only comfortable when we are in the bullseye inside 72 hours.  Even then, still antsy.

At least there is something there.  I have a feeling there will be a few toss runs where the Euro loses the storm and then it suddenly reappears but hoping that the inevitable jog north will not manifest itself this time.

• Like 2

Yep, maybe I should have altered my previous statement about the Euro losing the storm to weakening and suppressing which leads to ultimately depressing.  However, we have seen it come back before...I know it is inside 7 days but I will wait a few more runs before I throw in the towel.  I knew it was bad news when I came back from riding the Peloton and only saw 22 replies in the DC thread after a Euro run.

• Like 1