Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Actually Ray, and dryslot, the winds at 850mb are above 100 knots on the GFS and NAM with the TS Philippe entity when he arrives south of ACK.

Can you please post that picture?   Also, psst-850 mb isn’t 1000 mb-which is your elevation.   Good luck.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its not going to be a hurricane. 

Stop it.

Somebody will get confirmed hurricane gusts but I'm skeptical of the wind progs.  I going with an under of 45mph on MPM Davis which is usually  linked up on wunderground. 

Yeah, i'll get gas for the generator in the morning but that's just cuz I'm like that. 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Somebody will get confirmed hurricane gusts but I'm skeptical of the wind progs.  I going with an under of 45mph on MPM Davis which is generally linked up on wunderground. 

Yeah, i'll get gas for the generator in the morning but that's just cuz I'm like that. 

Agree, It will be localized but can't predict where at this lead, But reading some on here you would think its going to affect the CONUS.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

go to the sounding product for coolwx.com for the location of CHH, you will see the wind lower levels, and it shows 100 knot winds at 850mb.

Unless ma nature just popped a Mt Washington sized erection on a sand dune, who cares.

Its probably overdone,  anyway.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Cane gusts on Ack and Chatham aren't that anomalous...that wouldn't suprise me. ..even for a good deal of the cape. But we aren't sustaining cane force...or gusting to 100mph.

I am not expecting 100mph plus winds here Ray, I was just pointing out that the NAM got stronger at 850mb, and they are attached to the post tropical low of Philippe when he arrives over our area tomorrow night into Monday morning

Archived