Newest Member
    joxey
End of July Super Soaker

Ellinwood

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So if I'm interpreting these comments right...sounds like southern MD has been more of the bullseye for this storm?

I think bullseye is literally over my house. I haven't seen any other reports of 6"+ except for Olney. I'll probably end with about 8" + whatever we get tomorrow on the back end.

One thing I'm curious about - I wonder where all of this water is going. There has GOT to be some roads messed up somewhere downstream of all of this. I'm on high-ish land so honestly besides the heavy rain it's a little boring. Just took a jebwalk in the gusty rain and found... nothing but puddles and heavy rain.

Drainage is pretty good here, but I can think of some roads between here and Olney that without a doubt must be inundated right now.

Just now, supernovasky said:

I think bullseye is literally over my house. I haven't seen any other reports of 6"+ except for Olney. I'll probably end with about 8" + whatever we get tomorrow on the back end.

One thing I'm curious about - I wonder where all of this water is going. There has GOT to be some roads messed up somewhere downstream of all of this. I'm on high-ish land so honestly besides the heavy rain it's a little boring. Just took a jebwalk in the gusty rain and found... nothing but puddles and heavy rain.

Drainage is pretty good here, but I can think of some roads between here and Olney that without a doubt must be inundated right now.

There are a number of roads closed in Montgomery County due to high water right now.  The true saving grace was the couple hour lull between the morning event and this.  Had it even rained at a light to moderate pace, many locations would be 5" +.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

There are a number of roads closed in Montgomery County due to high water right now.  The true saving grace was the couple hour lull between the morning event and this.  Had it even rained at a light to moderate pace, many locations would be 5" +.

Know of a place to check them out? My wife works tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

True effects from a Nor'easter!

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Know of a place to check them out? My wife works tomorrow.

Just now, BTRWx said:

True effects from a Nor'easter!

Here you go.  As a caveat, do not enter flood waters (standard gov. employee disclaimer):

Current Road Closures

1210 Gold Mine Road

New Cut Road from MD355 to Houser Drive

1881 Brighton Dam Road

Riffleford Road from Brandon Way and Monarch Vista

4900 Warfield Road

Brookeville Road from Zion Road to MD97

Zion Road between Sundown Road and Gregg Road

22800 Peach Tree Road

Thayer Avenue at Mansfield Road

6 hours ago, Scraff said:

Are you Jebwalking now? You should. So relaxing. :lol:

I did take a jebwalk. I was so depressed at 9pm from nanotechnological drizzles, and no heavy rain, that I decided to seek solace in Nature. Then at 1016pm we suddenly got hit but good --- and I was three miles from anything LMAO!

I STILL want more heavy rain! I want water rescues in Woodbridge! I want closed roads! I want the very WORST that climate change can hit me with! I LOVE Global Warming and I LOVE Climate Change, with all of my heart, with all of my strength, with all of my will, and with all of my energy and longings!!

I want Flooding to find me! I want it to overtake me! I want this to be Supernatural! I absolutely LOVE climate change!

Just took a look at the radar - Maryland is getting demolished I see, probably over a foot by now in many places. Enjoy the flooding for me!

Don't forget that low stallin out near the Delmarva, some of you are going to get Troweled to death on Saturday.

We wanted this storm, now we will get rained to death.

It could rain for the rest of time, til our Sun goes nova, I NEVER, EVER get enough rain. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get rained to death.

Okay, mention of the Trowal is back in the AFD. I needed to refresh it lmao.

Man for a second there, I was scared the ULL was weakening already, no delmarva low, and 90s already tomorrow with sunshine and no Trowal.

Phew! Damn, I aged twenty years in the past hour worrying about the ULL, the delmarva low and not having a Trowal.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived