Newest Member
    joxey
March med-long range disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't  be the only one watching this Day 8ish storm on GFS

I see it. It's a legit threat. It's been mentioned. The tues storm becomes a 50/50 and so delays the pattern breakdown a few more days which in turn attempts an encore a few days later. We have seen that scenario before so it's a legit threat but Day 8 so not worth more analysis then that. 

If you really wanna go crazy far out there are signs we reload one more time the last week of march. But let's get 12-18" Tuesday then we can worry about the cherry on top. 

I see it. It's a legit threat. It's been mentioned. The tues storm becomes a 50/50 and so delays the pattern breakdown a few more days which in turn attempts an encore a few days later. We have seen that scenario before so it's a legit threat but Day 8 so not worth more analysis then that. 

If you really wanna go crazy far out there are signs we reload one more time the last week of march. But let's get 12-18" Tuesday then we can worry about the cherry on top. 

My prediction is you jackpot and then lament what could have been if the evolution was better. 

My prediction is you jackpot and then lament what could have been if the evolution was better. 

No it's march and I've been humbled this year. Plus I just want my son to get to use his red snow shovel and sled. If I get over 6" I'll be "ok" and over 10" I'm calling it a complete win. 

No it's march and I've been humbled this year. Plus I just want my son to get to use his red snow shovel and sled. If I get over 6" I'll be "ok" and over 10" I'm calling it a complete win. 

You're going to do well. The euro précip field is going to be west of the other globals. Better resolution. 

It's March in DC...there's always something to worry about.  But this is nothing new on the GEFS...it's been showing multiple scenarios for the last several days.  It's been slowly consolidating the bad solutions down.  

What went wrong with the Snowquester? 

What type of system was it? Poorly modeled? 

You're going to do well. The euro précip field is going to be west of the other globals. Better resolution. 

Yea your right that it picks up on the Westminster death band thing better. But the consensus of the others is fine too. Like I said if I get 10" I'll be more then happy. More then that and I'll be over the moon. 

What went wrong with the Snowquester? 

What type of system was it? Poorly modeled? 

Boundary temps were borderline and required heavy rates. The storm was shearing out and weakening as it moved in and to top it off there was convection down near Richmond robbing moisture transport up here. So it was a long period of light to moderate precip that couldn't overcome warm surface temps. 

Boundary temps were borderline and required heavy rates. The storm was shearing out and weakening as it moved in and to top it off there was convection down near Richmond robbing moisture transport up here. So it was a long period of light to moderate precip that couldn't overcome warm surface temps. 

Exactly... The snowquester comparison is off. Snowquester failed because it had no cold air to work with, even with a perfect track. We could still fail here but it wouldn't be because of a bad antecedent airmass.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived