Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NYCGreg said:

If the models are not all out to lunch, tomorrow should be fun.  Short-lived, but still fun.  Hopefully something can happen to slow this thing down, though I'm not sure what that would be at this point.

Congress?

8 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Yea euro says Long Island gets 15" of snow in 6 hours....

Yep. The Euro is suggesting lake effect like snowfall rates tomorrow morning. All of the snow it's showing literally falls in a 6 hour period. That is just incredible. It would rival the highest/heaviest snowfall rates we've ever seen in the NYC metro area

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

Yep. The Euro is suggesting lake effect like snowfall rates tomorrow morning. All of the snow it's showing literally falls in a 6 hour period. That is just incredible. It would rival the highest/heaviest snowfall rates we've ever seen in the NYC metro area

That's like December 30, 2000. 18" from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. It was like a lake effect plume into NNJ. 

here's the loop from that: 

001230.gif

it's going to snow hard for a few hours possibly dropping over 6" in three hours...That's if the storm explodes as forecast...Feb. 12th, 1975 had a short duration storm that dropped a quick 8" in the city...I'll still go with 6-8" imby...could be 10" if everything lines up...

20 minutes ago, uncle W said:

it's going to snow hard for a few hours possibly dropping over 6" in three hours...That's if the storm explodes as forecast...Feb. 12th, 1975 had a short duration storm that dropped a quick 8" in the city...I'll still go with 6-8" imby...could be 10" if everything lines up...

I remember that one Unc, I was in 6th grade!

Archived