Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

8 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I'll apologize if my "banter" insulted people, but I won't apologize for being who I am.

You are what you are.  As long as being who you are aligns with who you are, then who you are shouldn't matter. 

As they say, everywhere you go, there you are, so that means you are what you are wherever you are.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You are what you are.  As long as being who you are aligns with who you are, then who you are shouldn't matter. 

As they say, everywhere you go, there you are, so that means you are what you are wherever you are.

My head hurts....jk, I think I follow

4 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I don't think the long range op snap shots would lead to such a "fluke event".  I believe the chaos leading into the good look is more important.  There's a reason I (myself) am not debating as much in the pattern thread.  I've learned and beleive it just leads to trouble more times than not. 

You began this whole b**ch session a couple days ago with the red tagger comment. I asked what you objected to, and you said too many 384 hr maps. Its a LR DISCUSSION THREAD. Almost all of the discussion at longer ranges involves  h5 maps- vorticity, height anomalies, speculating about specific features, etc. Why does it bother you so much that from time to time, someone may post a map? You seem to be whinging just to whinge.

I'm just going to flat out change my view clarification.  I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but I was trying to change something I have no control or involvement in.  I'm sorry for the insult.  I learn from every instance here.  I'll be careful with my red-tagger view moving forward after this post.  If a weather pattern discussion can't support the men and women who actually study this $#!t for a living, then that's the more reason for me not to be so blunt so often.  Is that what you all wanted to hear from me?  It's banter for a reason.

21 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I'm just going to flat out change my view clarification.  I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but I was trying to change something I have no control or involvement in.  I'm sorry for the insult.  I learn from every instance here.  I'll be careful with my red-tagger view moving forward after this post.  If a weather pattern discussion can't support the men and women who actually study this $#!t for a living, then that's the more reason for me not to be so blunt so often.  Is that what you all wanted to hear from me?  It's banter for a reason.

i think you need to step away for a bit, and come back with a cooler head. 

19 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Am I the only one in here wondering what a "red-tagger" is? 

https://www.completeleansolutions.com/services/theredtagger/

"Red Tagging is a fundamental activity carried out by forwarding thinking companies embracing Lean Thinking.

One of the first lean techniques deployed when embarking on a lean cultural change is 5S.

Basically 5S starts with the identification and removal of unwanted and unused items from the workplace ‐ clearing the workplace so that efficiency can be improved. This process is usually supported by the ‘RedTagging’ of these excess items and then removing them from the workplace."

Basically, it's one who takes out the trash.....

....or it might be a professional MET, I'm not sure.

24 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

You clearly didn't like something about the discussion in the LR thread at the time. Maybe it was as simple as we were having fun with it, and you felt left out, or didn't know how to contribute. Whatever the reason, it annoyed you enough that you felt it was necessary to come into banter and suggest that a red tagger needed go into that thread to straighten all of us amateurs out. That was unnecessary and insulting. Now, if you would like to try once more to apologize without all the ifs, ands, buts, and strikethroughs, have at it.

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You clearly didn't like something about the discussion in the LR thread at the time. Maybe it was as simple as we were having fun with it, and you felt left out, or didn't know how to contribute. Whatever the reason, it annoyed you enough that you felt it was necessary to come into banter and suggest that a red tagger needed go into that thread to straighten all of us amateurs out. That was unnecessary and insulting. Now, if you would like to try once more to apologize without all the ifs, ands, buts, and strikethroughs, have at it.

Fine.  I'm sorry! 

24 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

Some clarification here. Are you implying that these boards should be a format for pro Mets to discuss, plan and come to a consensus on their forecasts? If that is the case then you are way off base here. These boards are for the weather hobbiests, people that have a love for following the weather. When we do have the privilege of red taggers joining us they are not here in an official capacity, they are here to join in with fellow lovers of the weather and their insight and knowledge is of great value. 

27 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Am I the only one in here wondering what a "red-tagger" is? 

since no one answered you

a red-tagger is a professional met. so someone who works in the field, has shown proof of it to the admins of the site.They have a red "meteorologist" tag under their avatar picture. MN Transplant, high risk (just to name a couple) are red-taggers in our subforum. 

21 minutes ago, H2O said:

its funny when someone posts something, gets called out for it and then goes all defensive mode

That only happens, because the responses from the person who gets called out get completely ignored when they try to explain any discrepancies.

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

since no one answered you

a red-tagger is a professional met. so someone who works in the field, has shown proof of it to the admins of the site.They have a red "meteorologist" tag under their avatar picture. MN Transplant, high risk (just to name a couple) are red-taggers in our subforum. 

I pm'ed him/her. :)

15 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Some clarification here. Are you implying that these boards should be a format for pro Mets to discuss, plan and come to a consensus on their forecasts? If that is the case then you are way off base here. These boards are for the weather hobbiests, people that have a love for following the weather. When we do have the privilege of red taggers joining us they are not here in an official capacity, they are here to join in with fellow lovers of the weather and their insight and knowledge is of great value. 

I agree.

eta: and always have believed that

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I also decry all the long range talk in the long range thread. Enough is enough. Short term talk in the long range thread and long range talk in the short term thread from now on or gtfo of this forum.

Why do you hate the medium range?  We never talk about the medium range when it needs to be mentioned immediately in the Obs thread.  if we don't talk about things now for stuff that will happen in the future how will we ever learn from our past?  

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Why do you hate the medium range?  We never talk about the medium range when it needs to be mentioned immediately in the Obs thread.  if we don't talk about things now for stuff that will happen in the future how will we ever learn from our past?  

Medium range is for banter and banter is for medium range or find a new weather discussion board.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived