Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here is my first and only pre-start best guess with both ranges and spot forecast amounts. I see most locals staying under 12" with the best chance for lolli's to say 15" being in N NY due to better temp profiles and particularly across the Tug Hill and the south and east facing slopes of the Dacks due to terrain induced enhancement (see purple highlight).

February 12-13 Winter Storm.png

1 minute ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Alright, here is my first and only pre-start best guess with both ranges and spot forecast amounts. I see most locals staying under 12" with the best chance for lolli's to say 15" being in N NY due to better temp profiles and particularly across the Tug Hill and the south and east facing slopes of the Dacks due to terrain induced enhancement (see purple highlight).

February 12-13 Winter Storm.png

Looks real reasonable. Your not buying into the nepa higher totals or the south shore higher totals. I agree.

41 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Looks real reasonable. Your not buying into the nepa higher totals or the south shore higher totals. I agree.

Yeah I'm not buying alot of the high totals being pushed by the NWS. The majority of the qpf comes on the front end slug tomorrow between 12z and 0z when temps are most marginal across W and C NY. North of I90 and east of I81 will stand the best chance at sig accums.

3 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah I'm not buying alot of the high totals being pushed by the NWS. The majority of the qpf comes on the front end slug tomorrow between 12z and 0z when temps are most marginal across W and C NY. North of I90 and east of I81 will stand the best chance at sig accums.

Good call.  SWFE's here in ENY will give you a standard 6-10"...it very rarely deviates any higher than that.  Maybe some minor additional accumulations if the MVHV Convergence sets up, but that's about it.  Our warning is for 10-14" with a "most likely" of 13" for most areas near here.  I am guessing that will be dialed back by tomorrow morning for most areas, unless it becomes more clear that precip will hang on beyond the initial WAA snow tomorrow and tomorrow evening.

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Rgem came in colder after that 18z scare lol Ggem finally came in colder as well..Double digits on almost every model now..

Yeah when KBGM goes all in them something is definitely on its way, lol!  I can't believe we are actually getting a formidable snow storm it actually feels surreal, lol!

GFS 60 hr precip prog

gfs_namer_060_precip_ptot.gif

Nam at 60hr, wow, continuity is there big time

nam_namer_060_precip_p60.gif

HRRR at 22Z Sunday

hrrr_east-us_01800_precip_ptot.gif

That is just to 4pm and there's a lot of precip to go!

GFS 700H Moisture is pretty much saturated throughout the event

700rh.us_ne.png

Thats an awesome LE signature with cyclonic flow aloft with a predominant NW flow. And that's Monday 06Z,  It continues to snow until 22Z Monday, lol.

GGEM snow totals.

snku_acc.us_ne.png

RGEM snow totals

snku_acc.us_ne.png

Nam 4K Snow Totals

snku_acc.us_ne.png

GEFS at 60 snow depth.  Doesn't like KROC

snku_acc.us_ne.png

GEFS SNow Depth at 60, however it does not like KROC, lol!

snod.conus.png

I think I will go 6-10 for areas North of the Thruway including the city of Syracuse.  The hills to the South of the Cuse I'd go 8-12 with lolli's of over a foot as well as the Tug Hill should do a little bit better snow wise.  If we mix it will be early before the column collapses and we all go over to a thumping snow.  Blowing and drifting is gonna get going big time tomorrow evening throughout the night into Monday as the pressure difference between the incoming HP and the developing Coastal should ramp up winds throughout the area.  I dont see this as being a classic Nor'easter but I will take what I can get.  Good luck to all and may KROC do better than 3", lol!

Archived