Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

3 hours ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Nice to see snow over our area, but like you said we all know it will be gone at 12z. Models have been hinting at the possibility of a follow up wave but this is the furthers NW I have seen it. CMC didn't seem to have anything for it.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

The pattern is too progressive for this. There's nothing in it's way to keep it from from being a sheared out mess like the CMC shows. Everyone rags on 18z runs of the GFS, but I've found the 6z runs to be the worst.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, colonel717 said:

That wouldn't surprise me.  The 0z NAM lost it but GFS still has it. CMC is a no go.

I don't trust that we'd have the temps for long enough even with the energy coming through. Maybe a small coating at best with the big cities to our east benefiting the most. Would give those eastern PA and NYC snow lovers some satisfaction for a change. They've gotten pretty whiny lately.

11 hours ago, snowsux said:

I don't trust that we'd have the temps for long enough even with the energy coming through. Maybe a small coating at best with the big cities to our east benefiting the most. Would give those eastern PA and NYC snow lovers some satisfaction for a change. They've gotten pretty whiny lately.

They've cashed in on a lot of big storms over the years. We just mostly get the nickel and dime crap. They have nothing to whine about. Maybe they're a bit spoiled.

50 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

They've cashed in on a lot of big storms over the years. We just mostly get the nickel and dime crap. They have nothing to whine about. Maybe they're a bit spoiled.

I can't stand how the cry and complain constantly. We miss 75% of big storms and they usually cash in. Most of us missed the blizzard by 75 miles. 

4 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

NAMings all over the east coast and NE. LOL

Not sure why the NAM suddenly amped the system east of the apps. See what it shows Wed.

It's funny because this thing is still pretty far out as far as models go. Atleast we have something to track for a change. 

46 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

NAMings all over the east coast and NE. LOL

Not sure why the NAM suddenly amped the system east of the apps. See what it shows Wed.

I'm not really impressed with this setup, its pretty fast moving and doesn't really get going in time to help us. If I had to bet I'd say another 1-2 inches if we are lucky. If the northern stream energy catches up faster then maybe something more interesting can materialize. 

1 hour ago, Ryd10 said:

I can't stand how the cry and complain constantly. We miss 75% of big storms and they usually cash in. Most of us missed the blizzard by 75 miles. 

Storm tracking and snow is a "What have you done for me lately" hobby so it doesn't really matter what happened 2 weeks ago let alone last year in the minds of most.

2 hours ago, Ryd10 said:

Northeasterners are just generally obnoxious human beings. Pittsburgh should culturally secede from identifying itself as being part of that region of the country.  

9 minutes ago, jwilson said:

Now I have to ride the Para GFS all week?  Somehow I'm not getting all those tingly feelings.  Feels like another nuisance diddler.

I want to see the 0z runs and tomorrow's 12z. This thing has been jumping north and south a lot. 

1 hour ago, snowsux said:

KDKA says a coating in the pgh area with Garret county MD / higher elevations maybe getting something. After tomorrow pavement temps should be decent so shouldn't be a big deal travel-wise even if we do pick up a couple inches.

Isn't this weekend suppose to be in the 50's? So even if it was a bigger storm, it melt anyways. I like snow, but overall as we move along in Feb and March sucks with the melting.

Archived