Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, psunate1977 said:

Isn't this weekend suppose to be in the 50's? So even if it was a bigger storm, it melt anyways. I like snow, but overall as we move along in Feb and March sucks with the melting.

See, we're starting to get to the time of year where I don't mind snow as much for that very reason. It usually snows more often here in February and early March than any other time of year. I don't care if it melts quickly, because it's replaced by another storm within a few days. That way the disgusting western PA grime doesn't have a chance to pollute the clean white look of it. 

From MA forum, looks all to familiar with SWPA being divided by the haves and have nots.  We need it to get going a little sooner and maybe track a little further North. If that manages to happen we could find ourselves in line for 3-4 inches. Given this setup will be heavly dependent on a wave developing along the cold front and placement of said front it may be until 12z tomorrow until you can make a confident call on way or the other.

IMG_0545.PNG

1 hour ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Based on all the guidance, and without a closed H5 low, right now 2-4" for Pgh would be a win.

Although any semblance of an inverted trough would help.

I think 6 would be the absolute most from this. Our east PA friends look to be good for a moderate-heavy event. 

11 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

GFS looking better.. Well maybe not.. inch or 2

Yeah I'd say 1-3 inches. Not sure how much upside this can have for us. Doesn't really deepen and start pumping precip on the NW side until  its east of us. New England gets a nice storm though... they steal our super bowls and our snow! lol :lol:

1 minute ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Yeah I'd say 1-3 inches. Not sure how much upside this can have for us. Doesn't really deepen and start pumping precip on the NW side until  its east of us. New England gets a nice storm though... they steal our super bowls and our snow! lol :lol:

There are 5 inch per hour rates showing up on GFS for EPa up to NYC and we are hoping to get more than an inch...:weep:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_8.png

35 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

There are 5 inch per hour rates showing up on GFS for EPa up to NYC and we are hoping to get more than an inch...:weep:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_8.png

Maybe this satisfies the New England posters enough so that they focus their discussion on reality vs. digging for the coldest models and wishcasting. Eh, probably not.

Archived