Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

6 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Please stop posting....just stop.......I'm tired of reading the same comments from you in all of the Matthew threads. Enough already

Little grumpy this morning, but lets be honest he is correct. 2 days ago NC was bracing for impact, now FL should be possibly worried about being hit twice?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stump said:

Little grumpy this morning, but lets be honest he is correct. 2 days ago NC was bracing for impact, now FL should be possibly worried about being hit twice?

I don't believe anyone pulled your string, but lets be honest.....he's a troll. Reading more and posting less would help your posting skills tremendously.....just sayin ;) 

1 minute ago, Stump said:

Two days ago we were forecasting for five days out.  Now we are talking about 3 days.  The cone of uncertainty narrows rapidly as the time before event gets closer.  Reality is FL is in much more danger due to the lead time.  Yes I agree with Harvard as well.  NC/SC landfall wouldn't shock me but it isn't the most likely outcome anymore IMO.

28 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Agreed. This is a dangerous system for people on east coast of FL and could cause significant damage. Over the past few days the threat in FL has increased greatly. Models will continue to adjust because there are sooo many variables that are having an effect on Matthew's track. I have a feeling we will continue to see variation in the track and wouldn't be surprised to see models trend back to an SC/NC landfall. We are 2.5 days out from this system reaching SC. 3-4 model runs ago the consensus was that it would likely miss the FL coast, but since then the models have deviated. Whats to say they don't have the track wrong now?

Yeah there are several different camps now in the models and most of the variation is the trough over the central plains the models that keep it stronger longer are faster north...several of the Hi-Res models are seeing it now and they mostly stay more NNW and spare Florida but increase the threat to SC/NC.....the Euro ENS also seem to support a more up the coast track again still more questions than answers

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=namconus&region=us&pkg=ref_frzn&runtime=2016100506&fh=1&xpos=0&ypos=0

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=rgem&region=seus&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2016100506&fh=6

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=wrf-arw&region=seus&pkg=ref_frzn&runtime=2016100500&fh=48&xpos=0&ypos=0

5 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Looking better and better.  Recon about 45 mins ago found 103 sfmr, so maybe 11am will bump to 120mph.  Looks reasonable to get to 130mph in the next 24 hours.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 10.08.45 AM.png

North side looks to have ingested some dry air.  Where is it coming from?  The mountains in Cuba?

5 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

North side looks to have ingested some dry air.  Where is it coming from?  The mountains in Cuba?

That's just a result of the interaction from Cuba, no dry air near the core....the CDO should rebuild rather quickly, once it gets established we should see the pressure begin to drop pretty good again 130-140 is definitely likely again if that happens.....

2 minutes ago, packbacker said:

4k did pretty well for Hermine track, and looks like the UK/Euro at 60.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 10.55.58 AM.png

That's faster than the Euro by a good 150-200 miles at 60 hrs....it might not translate down the road but it hammers Sav up to Charleston

ecmwf_T850_seus_4.png

The NAM 12K is even further east and north and spares a lot of Florida with the worse by keeping the center a good 100-150 miles offshore....

namconus_ref_frzn_seus_44.png

nam4km_T850_seus_45.png

Just now, DopplerWx said:

won't shock me to see the 12z runs tick closer to the sc coast, nam showing more sc effects than the gfs/euro

It also wouldn't surprise me if this climbed a little higher where a bigger impact would be between MYR-ILM.  Don't think RAH will have to worry about to much about this.

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

Would think this climbs a little higher.  You have a stronger Bermuda ridge, Nicole is running into it too.  

so many variables.  if it ticks east and stays offshore fl vs. coming ashore and riding up the coast will cause huge differences in strength.  not to mention if it ticks north and causes more impacts to the chs to myrtle area.  so many unanswered questions.

7 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

so many variables.  if it ticks east and stays offshore fl vs. coming ashore and riding up the coast will cause huge differences in strength.  not to mention if it ticks north and causes more impacts to the chs to myrtle area.  so many unanswered questions.

This is bad for FL/GA/SC coast, per this run.  SE NC too. 

I can't imagine SC coastal regions, storm surge plus this amt of wind/rain.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 12.02.49 PM.png

5 minutes ago, packbacker said:

UK looks to have climbed higher then GFS, looks like at 96 its east of ILM.  Waiting on the earlier panels.

Ugh!  I hope nobody lets their guard down. The most worrisome is the potentially historic flooding, regardless of the exact placement. It's pretty much guaranteed to put down widespread 10+ amounts of rain with the expected slowdown. Some areas will have hurricane force winds on top of that. Power outages and widespread damage is highly probable for many areas. I sure hope that the media plays this right and not flopping with every model run. 

Archived