• Member Statistics

    15,622
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    havaeat_tr
    Newest Member
    havaeat_tr
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
dryslot

NNE Fall Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I really take advantage of all the seasons, That's what 4 season living is here, You have to know when to fold them, And know when to hold them................;)

Strap on the skis and snowshoes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Strap on the skis and snowshoes. 

I know, Its tough having to put the clubs away, Its a disease, Many years i would travel to places further south to get the last rounds in before the holidays, Even if not ideal, Then would make a few cape trips when it looked favorable after the holidays all the way until the courses opened back up here, Sometimes March, Most of the time April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I know, Its tough having to put the clubs away, Its a disease, Many years i would travel to places further south to get the last rounds in before the holidays, Even if not ideal, Then would make a few cape trips when it looked favorable after the holidays all the way until the courses opened back up here, Sometimes March, Most of the time April

I mean my season being over is fine by me. I fired a 36 on the back 9 right before Thanksgiving. So talk about ending on a high note. And if we have a crappy spring, so be it, I'm basically gone all of April (get back on the 25th). So all the courses will be open by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean my season being over is fine by me. I fired a 36 on the back 9 right before Thanksgiving. So talk about ending on a high note. And if we have a crappy spring, so be it, I'm basically gone all of April (get back on the 25th). So all the courses will be open by then.

That is the way to end it though, Even par i presume if there was 2 par 5's, If i would have had a bad last round, Well, It would not have been the last round, Can't end the season on a sour note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We have a pretty poor density of reliable observing stations, though the NY mesonet will help them some. But these downslope wind events are so localized. Look at Gatlinburg. 80 mph gusts there, but a very small area. Can't guarantee there will be a station there. 

That makes sense, not like there is a big population in the western slope towns in SVT and W MA anyways, so the people it actually affects can be pretty small like you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean my season being over is fine by me. I fired a 36 on the back 9 right before Thanksgiving. So talk about ending on a high note. And if we have a crappy spring, so be it, I'm basically gone all of April (get back on the 25th). So all the courses will be open by then.

 

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That is the way to end it though, Even par i presume if there was 2 par 5's, If i would have had a bad last round, Well, It would not have been the last round, Can't end the season on a sour note.

My final nine of the year started with a pitch in eagle from 140 yards and a near hole in one. Unfortunately, it also featured two three putt bogeys. Shot a 38 though so I was happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mreaves said:

 

My final nine of the year started with a pitch in eagle from 140 yards and a near hole in one. Unfortunately, it also featured two three putt bogeys. Shot a 38 though so I was happy. 

Another happy ending?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mreaves said:

 

My final nine of the year started with a pitch in eagle from 140 yards and a near hole in one. Unfortunately, it also featured two three putt bogeys. Shot a 38 though so I was happy. 

 

36 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That is the way to end it though, Even par i presume if there was 2 par 5's, If i would have had a bad last round, Well, It would not have been the last round, Can't end the season on a sour note.

Yes, even par 36 after a 45 (:weep:) front 9. What will keep me awake all winter is the 3 putt bogey of the par 5 15th at Spring Meadows. A bad 3 putt no less. I followed with birdie, but oh what could've been without that 3 putt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

 

Yes, even par 36 after a 45 (:weep:) front 9. What will keep me awake all winter is the 3 putt bogey of the par 5 15th at Spring Meadows. A bad 3 putt no less. I followed with birdie, but oh what could've been without that 3 putt. 

Jeckyl and Hyde round, I hope it was a lengthy 3 putt and did not hockey stick it around the hole from a short distance, Those suck........lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive totals from round 1 yesterday into today with round two to come overnight into thurs night for Northern Maine

000
NOUS41 KCAR 301704
PNSCAR
MEZ001>006-010-011-015>017-029>032-030053--010457-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
SPOTTER REPORTS
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CARIBOU ME
1203 PM EST WED NOV 30 2016

THE FOLLOWING ARE UNOFFICIAL OBSERVATIONS TAKEN DURING THE PAST 24
HOURS FOR THE STORM THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTING OUR REGION. APPRECIATION
IS EXTENDED TO HIGHWAY DEPARTMENTS...COOPERATIVE OBSERVERS...CWOP
OBSERVERS...SKYWARN SPOTTERS...FACEBOOK FANS...AND MEDIA FOR THESE
REPORTS. THIS SUMMARY IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON OUR HOME PAGE AT
WEATHER.GOV/CARIBOU

********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************

LOCATION          STORM TOTAL     TIME/DATE   COMMENTS
                     SNOWFALL           OF
                     /INCHES/   MEASUREMENT

MAINE

...AROOSTOOK COUNTY...
   LUDLOW                15.0   800 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   OAKFIELD              14.0   615 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   SHERMAN               12.0   909 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   4 NW MAPLETON         12.0   635 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   1 SW NORTH AMITY      11.8   234 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   1 S HOULTON           11.0   902 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   LITTLETON             11.0   906 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   6 N PATTEN            11.0   720 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   2 ESE HOULTON         11.0   537 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   4 SSW ORIENT          10.8  1110 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   3 ESE DUDLEY          10.8   505 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   3 WSW WASHBURN        10.6   909 AM 11/30  NWS EMPLOYEE
   1 ESE LINNEUS         10.5  1000 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   1 SW HOULTON          10.5   100 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   BLAINE                10.0   600 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   CARIBOU - WFO          9.7   700 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   1 WSW PRESQUE ISLE     9.6   700 AM 11/30  COCORAHS
   5 NE LORING            9.3   640 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   ORIENT                 9.2   730 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   2 SSE ASHLAND          9.1   620 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   MARS HILL              9.0   700 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   1 ESE PRESQUE ISLE     9.0   640 AM 11/30  NWS EMPLOYEE
   2 S CARIBOU            9.0   931 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   1 E SHERMAN            9.0   915 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   PERHAM                 9.0   630 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   3 NNE CARIBOU          9.0   405 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   1 ENE PRESQUE ISLE     8.7   659 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   4 NE LORING            8.5  1115 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   1 NW PRESQUE ISLE      8.5   549 AM 11/30  NWS EMPLOYEE
   CONNOR TWP             8.3   700 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   ASHLAND                8.0  1015 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   1 E STOCKHOLM          8.0  1130 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   2 NE FORT FAIRFIELD    7.5   858 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   3 W STOCKHOLM          7.5  1050 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   FORT FAIRFIELD         7.5   720 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   STOCKHOLM              7.0   929 AM 11/30  PUBLIC
   LIMESTONE              7.0  1116 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   WOODLAND               6.5   625 AM 11/30  FROM TED SHAPIROS PAGE
   PORTAGE                6.0   738 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   ESTCOURT STATION       6.0   854 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   VAN BUREN - COOP       6.0   730 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   2 ENE FRENCHVILLE      5.5   921 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   MADAWASKA              5.0   700 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   3 NE GUERETTE          5.0   930 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   WALLAGRASS             4.5   925 AM 11/30  PUBLIC
   5 SSE LILLE            4.5   510 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   FORT KENT              4.3   636 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER
   3 E MADAWASKA          4.3   600 AM 11/30  COCORAHS
   FORT KENT - COOP       4.0   700 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   LILLE                  3.3   700 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   2 NW SAINT PAMPHILE    2.5   851 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER

...HANCOCK COUNTY...
   EAST SURRY             0.2   700 AM 11/30  COCORAHS

...PENOBSCOT COUNTY...
   7 NNW MILLINOCKET     12.0   555 AM 11/30  COOP/RIVER
   4 E SHIN POND         11.0   815 AM 11/30  MT CHASE-NWS EMPLOYEE
   1 WSW GRAND LAKE MAT  10.0  1040 AM 11/30  NWS EMPLOYEE
   EAST MILLINOCKET       6.1   819 PM 11/29  PUBLIC
   MEDWAY                 6.0   905 AM 11/30  BEFORE CHANGE TO RAIN
   MILLINOCKET WWTP       6.0   617 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   LINCOLN                3.5   906 AM 11/30  SOCIAL MEDIA
   MILLINOCKET            3.0   718 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   LEE                    3.0   706 PM 11/29  MIXED SLEET AND SNOW
   4 NE LINCOLN           2.0   500 AM 11/30  COCORAHS
   HOWLAND                1.5   525 PM 11/29  PUBLIC
   GARLAND                1.2   539 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   GREENBUSH              1.0   556 PM 11/29  CHANGED TO RAIN
   DEXTER                 0.5   527 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   CARMEL                 0.2   538 PM 11/29  PUBLIC
   CLIFTON                0.1   540 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   BANGOR                   T   514 PM 11/29  ASOS/AWOS
   CORINNA - COOP           T  1000 AM 11/29  CO-OP OBSERVER

...PISCATAQUIS COUNTY...
   3 W GRAND LAKE MATAG   6.0  1150 AM 11/30  TROUT BROOK CAMPGROUND
   ABBOT                  4.0   708 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   EAST SANGERVILLE - C   3.5   700 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   2 SSE KINGSBURY        3.5   631 PM 11/29  TRAINED SPOTTER
   MILO                   3.3   758 PM 11/29  CHANGING OVER TO RAIN
   PARKMAN                3.0   529 PM 11/29  PUBLIC
   BROWNVILLE             3.0   526 PM 11/29  PUBLIC
   5 WNW ABBOT            3.0   700 AM 11/30  COCORAHS
   SANGERVILLE            3.0   527 PM 11/29  PUBLIC
   4 SSE BLANCHARD        2.8   730 PM 11/29  PUBLIC
   MONSON                 2.5   540 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   SEBEC                  2.0   619 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   DOVER-FOXCROFT - COO   1.5   700 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER

...SOMERSET COUNTY...
   1 SSW ST. JUSTE        2.0   846 AM 11/30  PUBLIC
   12 WSW BILLY-JACK DE   0.5   847 AM 11/30  TRAINED SPOTTER

...WASHINGTON COUNTY...
   DANFORTH               5.0  1132 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA
   TOPSFIELD - COOP       4.0   600 AM 11/30  CO-OP OBSERVER
   TOPSFIELD              4.0   752 PM 11/29  TRAINED SPOTTER
   VANCEBORO              1.2   619 PM 11/29  SOCIAL MEDIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Jeckyl and Hyde round, I hope it was a lengthy 3 putt and did not hockey stick it around the hole from a short distance, Those suck........lol

Uphill, downhill, sliding right. Left it on the top of the hill...

CAR is certainly going to put down a nice base tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Uphill, downhill, sliding right. Left it on the top of the hill...

CAR is certainly going to put down a nice base tonight.

My son is a superintendent at a course and some of the pin placements at times if he is having a bad day, The members pay ......lol, And yes, Car is off to a good start laying it down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

My son is a superintendent at a course and some of the pin placements at times if he is having a bad day, The members pay ......lol, And yes, Car is off to a good start laying it down

Good news if we can get those sneaky Scooter highs coming over the top. Would rather have the drain coming off a snow pack than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Good news if we can get those sneaky Scooter highs coming over the top. Would rather have the drain coming off a snow pack than not.

Definitely, Fill up the source region north of here into Canada with snow and slide or anchor HP over Que with moisture streaming north out of the gulf and we will be in good shape down this way, We bide our time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2016 at 10:04 PM, alex said:

Beautiful sunset tonight as I went to get my mail. Chilly, currently 15F.

2016-11-28 16.21.390-s.jpg

I see BW has $30 tix for xmas day. Trying to get my wife to go up to the hotel for 2 nights and one day ski. She wants us to go to LA to see her parents for xmas instead.<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November totals: 13.6” Snow/2.82” L.E.

 

November’s weather data collection is complete, and it came in near average with respect to both precipitation and snowfall.  Thanksgiving was white this year, so that puts the occurrence of white Thanksgiving at 6 out of 11 seasons since we’ve been at this location.  Snow on the ground has finally melted as of this morning, so that November snow isn’t carrying over into December and we’ll have to see at what future date the winter snowpack starts.  All in all though, it was a pretty typical month with some great skiing around the holiday week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Coming to a pond in Orwell soon!

 

US National Archives vintage winter monkey throwback

Excellent!  The pond is nearing capacity, only about 6 inches below the culvert.  With any luck, we'll be skating at winter break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

near blizzard conditions in Caribou right now

 

1 08:54 E 18 G 28 0.25 Heavy Snow Fog

Smoked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

I see BW has $30 tix for xmas day. Trying to get my wife to go up to the hotel for 2 nights and one day ski. She wants us to go to LA to see her parents for xmas instead.<_<

I think the Mt Wash for Xmas would be awesome. Such a great atmosphere. Who needs palm trees at Xmas? :) If you can, treat yourself to dinner at the Bretton Arms. Pricey, but worth every penny. 

The Mountain View Grand is also a great choice, not far but not at Bretton Woods. Food's OK there though. Don't love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alex said:

I think the Mt Wash for Xmas would be awesome. Such a great atmosphere. Who needs palm trees at Xmas? :) If you can, treat yourself to dinner at the Bretton Arms. Pricey, but worth every penny. 

The Mountain View Grand is also a great choice, not far but not at Bretton Woods. Food's OK there though. Don't love it.

cool, thanks. Surprised to see all your snow gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Picked up 0.87". I'd say the drought has been mostly put down for now.


Amazingly, the PWM daily climate report for 30Nov2016 says we are still 6.42" below normal precip year to date.

Hard to believe with the rain we have had since October

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.