joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2016-17 Winter Discussion

lookingnorth

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is 22 F here on the north side of OKC (which is a shock to the system when you consider it was 67 F when I went to bed last night), and a bit of very light snow has commenced in the past half hour.  

Edit:. I just peeked at the radar and the steadier snow is actually still quite a distance from Central OK.  This is just bonus "mood snow" we are getting now, and I am loving it.  Now if that heavier band could just hold together long enough to put down a quick inch here this evening, I'd be in heaven.    

46 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Emergency road conditions just activated here. Large increase in motor vehicle accidents. Police urge everyone to stay off the roads, and they won't go to non-injury accidents. 

Yep it dont take much ice on the road to make it deadly.

52 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Just a very fine mist and 31 here as well. Probly bust with this advisory lol. Saying up to an inch of snow/sleet from 4-midnight haha. Guess we will see

Yea fine mist here for last half hour down to 27 now. Nothing much else.

2 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Got that 'foggy' look outside because it's really coming down. I could do without the bone chilling wind though. Otherwise, I'm happy. Snow before Christmas! 

I find this very interesting. Nothing significant on radar 

Ok just stepped back outside, really odd weird misty type snow coming down. Not sure if I ever seen anything like this before its strange looking! Everything is iced over now, sooo windy and cold. Really awesome looking stuff! I see nothing on the radar here but see some returns off to the west northwest, not sure if I'm looking at the correct layer on intellicast or not though.

Archived