Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2016-17 Winter Discussion

lookingnorth

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Yeah, it doesn't appear to be snowing anymore. Looks like about an inch out there. Too cold to go check though.

Yea man its really bad with the wind! Everything is covered here, still snowing some. This over performed as I wasnt expecting anything at all to come out of this. Still hoping for that xmas eve/day? storm to pan out with something, some interesting runs off and on with that

1 minute ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Yea man its really bad with the wind! Everything is covered here, still snowing some. This over performed as I wasnt expecting anything at all to come out of this. Still hoping for that xmas eve/day? storm to pan out with something, some interesting runs off and on with that

I hope so, but I have my doubts right now. Got to wait for it to get inside 120 hours first, and it has to remain somewhat consistent. 

34 minutes ago, JoMo said:

I hope so, but I have my doubts right now. Got to wait for it to get inside 120 hours first, and it has to remain somewhat consistent. 

I hear ya, just too far out still but I have a little hope lol. I think tonights event put me in that holiday mood before this warmup thats expected. Tulsa just threw a short term update out saying theres still radar returns on going over nw ar here still. Just flurries now but man it is nice and cold!! But yea will continue watching this next storm, probly be better sampled by friday/saturday who knows.

47 minutes ago, ouamber said:

Didn't the GFS do pretty good 7 days out from the current storm? Euro took it north, correct? 

Surprisingly, I followed this (current) storm on models for almost the full 15 day range. I've seen glimpses of the "Christmas storm" for almost the full duration so far as well. It fits the overall pattern progression we have had in place for a few months now so we will see. I have had pretty high hopes for the end of this month and I don't think they were unwarranted. In long ranges where models are not scored, I would trust a combo/blend of the GFS and CFS before I trusted the Euro and then use the Euro within 3-4 days to work out the smaller details. 

Archived