joxey
August OBS '16 S/E Edition

NWNC2015

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Isopycnic said:

Omg... I got traced!!!!!!!

Lol...I did slightly better...around 2.25 inches last night with a pretty awesome storm. Was an absoulte down pour...Had 6 inch per hour rates for quite a while...and ended up with over an inch in 10 minutes. Much more fell near and just  south of athens where radar estimates were as high as 6 inches...and based on ground truth here vs radar estimates that is probably a conservative amount. Also quite a bit of wind with a 42mph gust. Per radar winds were probably quite a bit higher south of here.

Got a surprise 1.38 inches of rainfall overnight.  Never heard it at all.  I was shocked when I just happened to glance at my weather station while getting ready for work this morning and saw the report.  After looking at radar loops from overnight it apparently rained quite steadily between 4:00 and 5:30 AM.  We really needed that rainfall, as it has been rather dry IMBY the last couple of weeks.

Once again the storms are missing us. Lots of thunder but only light rain. It has cooled us off nicely though. Currently 84/78. It has been 9 days since we had a good rain but verythign is still nice and green thanks to all the rain we had last month and the first part of this month. We are getting to the point of needing more.

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

6-10" fell last night from Kinston down towards Cherry Point and Atlantic Beach......

We only got .87" from last nights rain. I work at Cherry Point and we got about 1.5" from it. The most I have been able to find is about 3" in a few spots. Can you tell me where this info came from?

1 hour ago, yotaman said:

We only got .87" from last nights rain. I work at Cherry Point and we got about 1.5" from it. The most I have been able to find is about 3" in a few spots. Can you tell me where this info came from?

WUNIDS_map.gif

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Flooding-from-heavy-rains-causing-problem-on-Highway-11-390751651.html

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Lookout said:

Lol...I did slightly better...around 2.25 inches last night with a pretty awesome storm. Was an absoulte down pour...Had 6 inch per hour rates for quite a while...and ended up with over an inch in 10 minutes. Much more fell near and just  south of athens where radar estimates were as high as 6 inches...and based on ground truth here vs radar estimates that is probably a conservative amount. Also quite a bit of wind with a 42mph gust. Per radar winds were probably quite a bit higher south of here.

Just caught the edge of another t-shower today which makes the 4th day in a row of getting rain. Didn't get but about 0.20 though...most of the heavier stuff went north and south of me. Have had about 3.75 altogether.  That area south of athens has also have gotten rain 4 days in a row now as well. Radar estimates are underestimated totals somewhat (especially the storm the other day) and in reality they have probably have gotten close to 10 inches by now.

Archived