joxey
August OBS '16 S/E Edition

NWNC2015

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Today's high of 81 at GSO is the coolest high since June 8

It was nice today. The early part of summer provided us with breaks between the heat. But the last month or so has been horrible; hot and humid. Maybe we'll start getting more breaks for the rest of summer.  

14 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

A very dangerous wedge has setup this morning, heavy rain moving at 0-2knots according to radar for Iredell, Wilkes, Surry, and Stokes County. Highs may stay in the 60/70s with constant drizzle when its not pouring esp *below 2,500ft where instability is less in fog.

I feel good I nailed it early on but lots of damage. Elkin, Sparta, Wilkesboro, and Boone looks to be under the gun late overnight into the morning based on what I'm seeing in the modeling.

9 hours ago, jshetley said:

Only to come back next week and beyond. And by the way it's getting hot fast in SC today. No real break in sight down here.

9 hours ago, jshetley said:

Only to come back next week and beyond. And by the way it's getting hot fast in SC today. No real break in sight down here.

Try not to be so pessimistic. Highs for last three days at GSP 89, 89, 87, and next 2 are forecast by NOAA for 84 and 87. I'll take that to start August any year, and waaay better than what we've been having. And good chances for rain. We're not done with 90s yet, but moving in the right direction!

Archived