Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread Part 2

Rjay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Always fascinated when people pay to see a forecaster just to chide him . 

Gimme a break.  All forecasters have their biases.  If you can't see that JB always looks for the cold in the pattern and goes for the big storm, then I don't know what to tell you.

5 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

Gimme a break.  All forecasters have their biases.  If you can't see that JB always looks for the cold in the pattern and goes for the big storm, then I don't know what to tell you.

Dude its weird to pay for a forecast only to troll him with people who dont like him .

It screams that  you are in need of acceptance. 

18 hours ago, Morris said:

People pay for the maps. Not JB. Me included.

Depends.  I like the whole package.   Joe D'Aleo is a good read.  JB is always a good read too but you have to keep his bias's in mind.   He'll always look for the extreme solution and try to find the cold pattern.      

59 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

Bernie posted on Twitter a short while ago the GFS 12Z 500mb map is slowly coming around to the Euro showing a stronger storm for Sat-Sun. He will have a new video coming out after 2pm.

• 3 weeks later...

According to Steve D. "the pattern should remain active and on the cold side until mid February then Spring is on the way". The way this winter has gone and how the models have handled things even in the shorter ranges I am taking everything with a grain of salt. I will laugh if we wind up seeing our biggest snowfall of the winter on March 1st.

18 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

According to Steve D. "the pattern should remain active and on the cold side until mid February then Spring is on the way". The way this winter has gone and how the models have handled things even in the shorter ranges I am taking everything with a grain of salt. I will laugh if we wind up seeing our biggest snowfall of the winter on March 1st.

we'll get a 10 day window most likely given the seasonal trend.  Most temperature forecasts are going in the trash bin this winter.   I think LC had a warm winter, but most of them I saw were cold and snowy.   

39 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

The prime example regarding models and short range surprises is the January 7th storm which forecasters had to increase amounts and issue upgraded warnings during the storm - don't be surprised if that happens again at some point the remainder of the winter...........

On 10/31/2016 at 0:44 AM, Rtd208 said:

Larry Cosgrove released his outlook for winter 2016-2017 and its not good if you like cold and snow although confidence levels are not particularly high. He is also going with a very warm December which seems to contradict most outlooks.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-US#!topic/weatheramerica/PeySp4BFjEA

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-US#!topic/weatheramerica/bBiWzmLaLSA

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-US#!topic/weatheramerica/gbv3LItS4Yo

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-US#!topic/weatheramerica/udrthzDZ-Dw

he's pretty much nailed it for the east so far.   Too dry and warm in the west however.

Looks like even Larry Cosgrove is going to go down in flames on this month, he always thought February was going to be the coldest and stormiest month of the winter. His weekly newsletters from the last couple of weekends seemed pretty positive on a good February, curious to see what he says in this weekends newsletter.