wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential - Part 2

forkyfork

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tombo i think the trend tonight with the nam looks promising looking like it mirrors the 12z euro. do you see this as a legit trend towards moving towards the 12z euro/european models?

i would say it is, im not looking at the 84 hr nam. Everytime in the past when we have gotten all excited for the 84 hr nam the next run is 100 percent different at that same time period on the following run. So yes i would think it deff is in the foreign model camp, its not in the gfs camp at all. By hr 84 on the nam the low is in the same exact spot as the euro at 96, while the gfs at 18z is in ga.

i would say it is, im not looking at the 84 hr nam. Everytime in the past when we have gotten all excited for the 84 hr nam the next run is 100 percent different at that same time period on the following run. So yes i would think it deff is in the foreign model camp, its not in the gfs camp at all. By hr 84 on the nam the low is in the same exact spot as the euro at 96, while the gfs at 18z is in ga.

I can see where the goods come in, but man, I'm reading the general discussion thread and there's a lot of worry showing up.

Folks, be careful extrapolating runs beyond their end time. If you were to extrapolate the 12z euro beyond 96 hours it would also look out to sea. Once the northern short wave drops in it is going to pull the low northward. The 12z euro shows the storm hooking big time once it gets caught by the 500 mb low.

Some of the "analysis" here is mind boggling in it's own right. One says things look good, another says maybe not. One says it looks like it'll go out to sea, another says it's ready to explode. It's getting rather difficult to weed out the good sound analysis from the bad. Sheesh.

That's what happens when people try to extrapolate the NAM past 84 hours.

Some of the "analysis" here is mind boggling in it's own right. One says things look good, another says maybe not. One says it looks like it'll go out to sea, another says it's ready to explode. It's getting rather difficult to weed out the good sound analysis from the bad. Sheesh,

Prob is people are trying to interpret what the NAM would show if it were extrapolated beyond it's 84 hr time frame. Therefore it's left to human interpretation.

Some of the "analysis" here is mind boggling in it's own right. One says things look good, another says maybe not. One says it looks like it'll go out to sea, another says it's ready to explode. It's getting rather difficult to weed out the good sound analysis from the bad. Sheesh.

it actually seems that some intelligent people/mets are disagreeing on this one.

it actually seems that some intelligent people/mets are disagreeing on this one.

The issue is semantics. The NAM is not "identical" to the Euro. Wes is right that there are subtle differences. DT is also right, however, that the NAM is much closer to the Euro at 84HR than to the GFS. Advantage Euro so far but the jury remains out.

Archived