Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential - Part 2

forkyfork

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if it doesn't make it completely this run, it's definitely a step in the right direction and a validation for the EURO so far.

Canadian has been much more realistic the last couple of days than the stalled out megabombs the Euro is spitting out.

The difference this run is how the northern stream dives almost due south and grabs the southern vort up to bomb the storm, near the MS Valley. It still happens just a little too far east but given how far out this is there is still a lot of time for changes. Definitely a HUGE step in the right direction. We just need for it to happen a little further west, like maybe 100 miles.

GFS ceded to the GGEM, not the EURO.

We'll see if the EURO also gravitates to the compromise (GGEM) position as well this afternoon.

This. Would not be surprised if Euro is a bit east and a bit faster at 12z. It was sorta hinting that direction last night but couldn't quite reflect it at the surface.

Love to see that the GFS is heading in the direction of the EURO. The 500mb is beautiful, the energy really dives down into the base of the trough and captures the low allowing the tilt to go negative, but just a tad late. Be patient boys, the models will play a few more games with our heads, but that is to be expected at this stage. I think by Friday we will have a good grasp on what this thing will do.

Eyeballing it this is a warnning critera snow for the jersey shore and LI....sne from orh-east get crushed

Look for it to trend even further towards the euro in terms of strength and track-- looks like the GFS just folded and all the GFS-huggers got really quiet.

Well, I guess I am going to bust hard... my forecast to clients looks almost exactly like the 12z GFS :arrowhead:

In all seriousness, I don't see any major errors with this run and the phasing of the streams is a lot more believable here than any of the previous two days of runs.

This is very close to the track and intensity that I have been expecting as the final outcome as well. But what do you look for when you are looking for "errors?"

is a lot like last's night GGEM....i feel like this is one of the two realistic solutions, with something like the euro being the other. I dont think a total whiff is likely, but glancing blow is still in play.

That was a huge jump by the GFS, and that kind of jump means its likely not done trending but we'll see. It looks a lot more like the EURO than earlier runs, so its also accurate to say its trending towards the EURO. It needs to continue.

This is very close to the track and intensity that I have been expecting as the final outcome as well. But what do you look for when you are looking for "errors?"

Why bother asking that? Meteorologists aren't scientists.

Did you take your statistical mean of every ensemble solution yet?

Archived