• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer Banter

Mr Bob

We was at Jekyll Island for my sons regional gymnastics meet this weekend.The water was cold and it was windy but over all you could go out in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

He did well though at his meet, posted his best score of the year and earned a spot here in a couple weeks. :D

http://2016jonationals.com/

:clap:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Customer is always right...

until they try to fight nature.

Kansas shooting was horrendous. Nope it was not the refs; it was the shooting debacle. Ellis was double teamed and Selden could not hit 3s. KU played like they did at 3 mid-season road games. Thought the problem was fixed at OU, but apparently not.

Easter renewal brings Royals baseball!

Don Coopers son, the Chi-Sox pitching coach does gymnastics at Nicks gym.He's one hell of a gymnast ,got a scholar to the University of Illinois this year.Don't think i ever told you that,not that you'd probably care not being a Royal..lol

This morning, there is a smoky haze outside the house, from another wildfire on the TN/NC Line. The fire is near the Weaver Bend area of Eastern Cocke Co, but the smoke is pretty bad outside here at the house. Maybe the front coming in on Thursday will provide some relief. It's beginning to get seriously dry in the eastern valley.

Don Coopers son, the Chi-Sox pitching coach does gymnastics at Nicks gym.He's one hell of a gymnast ,got a scholar to the University of Illinois this year.Don't think i ever told you that,not that you'd probably care not being a Royal..lol

Still interesting stuff. Good luck to Nick and the team!

I just saw on wxsouth's Facebook page that wxeastern (Toot) passed away suddenly this weekend. Shocking news, as he was pretty young. From what I see on Robert's FB page, he died of a heart attack. Whether or not you follow him or not, remember his family in your thoughts and prayers.

I just saw on wxsouth's Facebook page that wxeastern (Toot) passed away suddenly this weekend. Shocking news, as he was pretty young. From what I see on Robert's FB page, he died of a heart attack. Whether or not you follow him or not, remember his family in your thoughts and prayers.

It was pretty shocking. I saw that yesterday. I wasn't personally friends with him (just Facebook) but from what I could tell he was a pretty cool guy. He had built a good website in the name of tnweatherspot and a Facebook page called Wxeastern that had around 9,000 followers. I saw a few days ago he posted that he was getting a new house. Just another reminder that life can turn on a dime and can be way too short.

It was pretty shocking. I saw that yesterday. I wasn't personally friends with him (just Facebook) but from what I could tell he was a pretty cool guy. He had built a good website in the name of tnweatherspot and a Facebook page called Wxeastern that had around 9,000 followers. I saw a few days ago he posted that he was getting a new house. Just another reminder that life can turn on a dime and can be way too short.

Tough loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family...

Wow.  That is shocking--he was very young, indeed.  Thoughts and prayers to the family for sure. 

He was a no brainer although Kiper and Gruden beat him up pretty good after the selection.....I was disappointed in the Falcons pick....he would have been a good second rounder and while he fills a need, when you are in the position the Falcons are in, take a chance on Myles Jack for crying out loud...Keanu could blow his knee out any day too....Just like Fowler last year...

The Titans have 3 of the next 14 picks today...and there is tons of talent....they are doing a fantastic rebuild there...the future looks bright. 

IMO, Jacksonville landed two of the top players in the draft.  Just a sick bunch of picks.  

Nothing wrong with yalls picks either.Dodd and Henry could have been easily rd1 picks.Henry is a beast and a good pass blocker.You guys (if you're a Titan fan) might have the best duo backs in the league.Can't beat that change of pace duo.

Nothing wrong with yalls picks either.Dodd and Henry could have been easily rd1 picks.Henry is a beast and a good pass blocker.You guys (if you're a Titan fan) might have the best duo backs in the league.Can't beat that change of pace duo.

Long time Steelers fan. Grew up w Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain. Would watch the Titans if they were better...but watch less and less pro ball as time goes by.

It's happening here on Norris, I'm pretty happy with it. They've been illegal for nearly 40 years now. It's not houseboats that will be illegal, it's literally floating houses. Houseboats have motors and can move. These floating houses are just anchored in place on property that the owners of them don't own, they can't even be taxed as homes by the local governments. I'm more upset that they extended it to 30 years from 20.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, Britain votes to leave the EU. Maybe we need a summer banter thread.

In the really earth shaking news today, quality steady rain falls this morning in parts of East Tennessee. Even my yard got some! 

:maprain:

We are in St.Louis today.Almost took the boys to the Royals and Stros game tonight but they wanted to go see the arch and wonder around.We came to watch the olympic trials final day for gymnastics tomorrow night.It will be on  CNBC.Exciting though,tomorrow night is when the olympic team is chosen.GO USA :)

Glad you went to the Arch. Royals got blown out at home both Friday and Saturday nights. It was more embarrassing than the USA loss to Argentina, lol! Royals won Sunday, but looks like you were eying Friday or Saturday night. 

Good luck to your son. Yes it is almost time for the Olympics. Go USA!  :thumbsup:

We left Friday morning.If it wasn't that far from St.Louis ,we'd have gone to watch the Royals and Stros play.My son is only a level 9,that's where he'll be next year also.You have to be a 10 to even have a shot to try out for the olympics.He isn't even close to the skills those kids have right now,they were amazing.We just went to watch.Took some videos but for some reason my phone isn't letting me upload them for some reason :(Got some pics from the arch though.They are a lil blurry,there was a t-storm in the vicinity at the time we went up,so there was a lil rain on the windows.

post-3027-0-22120900-1467083526_thumb.pn

post-3027-0-28678000-1467083532_thumb.pn

post-3027-0-58724000-1467083541_thumb.pn

post-3027-0-73893300-1467083549_thumb.pn

Archived