joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor' Easter Threat Mar. 20th 2016

zenmsav6810

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is reasonably fair as Ralph clearly loves snow and certainly understands his meteorology...
I need to add there are one or two others here who occasionally post just to be pains in the ass by refuting anything related to a potential snow event. I truly don't get why they bother as this is a snow lovers and extreme weather lovers board...
Where else can we possibly find folks who share our crazy passion!?

Ahem

If you are speaking of me as the "occasional" poster, you should probably settle down. I've been posting here since Eastern days and before and started out on Tri State forum. Your posts are typically awful and have zero basis in scientific fact.

This is not a snow lovers and extreme weather board, it is a weather board. Period.

Good day

Let's not get so high and mighty... just because you've been here longer than some of us doesn't mean you have more rights here: to say otherwise is the originalist fallacy. As I understand it snowwors2 is still a student so I feel we should encourage him to continue to improve his understanding of any and all topics related to weather. Most of us come here to exercise our weather tracking hobby in a way that's fun for us. A little bit of wish casting here and there is fine. To reduce this activity down to just its objective scientific facts without seeing the emotion and anticipation people place on the weather is an insult to the forecasting profession. I think we are one of the few subforums here that stay upbeat. If you can't take the weeniedom here go post someplace else that has a more professional atmosphere and avoid literally raining on other's snow parades. Until then let's ALL avoid the ad hominem attacks and insinuation. Finally, let's try not to take things to personally when people say things we don't agree with whether that be one way or another!

Well that was a fun week tracking this. A moderate threat to I'll maybe see some flakes!

Just watched Ch. 6 Sowers said he's ready to take the 1-2 inch map down.

I picked the euro, now my bracket is busted!

Yeah, he wanted no part of the 1-2" graphic. Almost to the point where he felt bad giving the viewer wrong information.

Wth is the NAM doing? Warning criteria snows at S NJ shore points Monday morning?? 4-8" verbatim extreme S NJ. Definite tug West of developing slp as energy rounds base of trof and tries to go negative. So close to being even farther West on the NAM. The plot thickens? Or did we just get NAM'd?

The NAM got the blizzard right, or at least predicted the NW. trend.  <_<

They all excited about the RGEM showing 2-4" now, this thing is waffling around to the bitter end

the models are obviously having a lot of difficulty with this storm, my guess is the interaction of the two waves.  12z guidance has brought back the second wave in a big way so far.

What's timing looking like for start time? We'll be parking in Iselin to train to Brooklyn and should be back by 7ish to has back to PA. Wife wants to know what to roughly expect driving-wise.

Nothing of significance until Sunday night, that is if the system comes together like a couple models indicate.

Archived