joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...we have laid down the southern track if it's a weak system/cold frontal passage. My guess is if things strengthen, the look of the recent Euro runs will return with Southern WI and Central Lower MI getting hit.

If we can get this system to start turning negative tilt by the Mississippi River, we'd be in business.

If we can get this system to start turning negative tilt by the Mississippi River, we'd be in business.

I mentioned a week ago that the indices favored a more SE track than what was modeled and thus stated Detriot/Toronto would be more favored in this forum.  I highly doubt an amped solution wins out, and wouldn't be surprised to see an even further E track. That high slides in on all models as the low ejects from the plains. I would almost completely toss an amped solution.

gfs_T850_us_14.png

ecmwf_T850_us_4.png

gem_T850_us_13.png

The eastern ridge is not as strong with the next event as it was with this event. I would favor Detriot/Toronto locations with this one. I think a coastal transfer is more likely with a Miller B. A spread the wealth type system. but as already mentioned by Geos, it really is an awesome battlezone. It won't be boring, that's for sure. Storm after storm after storm, the only issue is enough cold air.

Todays event:

gfs_z500a_us_1.png

Next weeks:

gfs_z500a_sd_us_29.png

:clap:

Jackpot.

I think that boat is already heading south and nearing cyclone down the mississippi.

:lol:

Hopefully it stays docked.

This first wave is something to watch. Seen these features perform well.

nam4km_ref_uv10m_ncus_20.png

I hope the SE bleeding stops BuffaloWeather!

Setup would still suggest some ice in the transition zone, though minor amounts barring a trend back toward more robust solution.

Temps drop nicely on Monday evening so it comes down to timing and how much precip there is.  Also notice a bit of a lake enhanced push of cold air into areas like se WI/ne IL

post-14-0-75890100-1456609205_thumb.gif

Temps drop nicely on Monday evening so it comes down to timing and how much precip there is.  Also notice a bit of a lake enhanced push of cold air into areas like se WI/ne IL

attachicon.giftemps.gif

You can bet that cold air won't waste any time moving down the lake. 

Snow starts breaking out at hour 60 on the GFS as the baroclinic zone settles south.

That high is too fast!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_11.png

Archived