joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-25 PART II

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to needle you SEMI guys or be too much of an IMBY homer but i'd be skeptical of riding the NAM's eastern consistency when the 4km keeps running west/warmer (much more like the GEFS/SREF guidance) than the 32/12km. If you do some snooping around the mesoanlysis page I think you'll see why lending a little extra weight to the hi-res guidance isn't a bad idea.

YYZers really through in the towel there. We've seem a system or two pull SE this winter due to southern convection and this one may too given the strength of the low so far south.

Stebo agrees with you, but I think the rapid intensification of both the ul and sfc low is going to negate most of that. Very different animal than last week's storm.

Stebo agrees with you, but I think the rapid intensification of both the ul and sfc low is going to negate most of that. Very different animal than last week's storm.

From a synoptic standpoint, 12/28/15 was similar and convection also pulled the track a good 50 miles SE of what the models progged.

From a synoptic standpoint, 12/28/15 was similar and convection also pulled the track a good 50 miles SE of what the models progged.

I don't remember that storm intensifying as rapidly as this one is going to. This thing will be in the process of occluding by the time it reaches the OV it'll be deepening so fast. Who knows. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not trying to needle you SEMI guys or be too much of an IMBY homer but i'd be skeptical of riding the NAM's eastern consistency when the 4km keeps running west/warmer (much more like the GEFS/SREF guidance) than the 32/12km. If you do some snooping around the mesoanlysis page I think you'll see why lending a little extra weight to the hi-res guidance isn't a bad idea.

It's a very tricky forecast. It can go either way.

Archived