joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the first very interesting development. A bit from coastal? Can't all be over running

Both.

Don't bite yet. It's the only model to show that much precip and the ensembles only need a few far W members to skew the mean .

However the precip shield has come W on all 4 of the last GEFS runs .

So you want to see that hold steady as the members consolidate.

The EPS came west but it had a few W members.

But it's definitely an improvement.

Both.

Don't bite yet. It's the only model to show that much precip and the ensembles only need a few far W members to skew the mean .

However the precip shield has come W on all 4 of the last GEFS runs .

So you want to see that hold steady as the members consolidate.

The EPS came west but it had a few W members.

But it's definitely an improvement.

If concensus begins to develop with most and the Euro being the outlier for the next two runs at that point Ill bite. Look at THAT though...certainly more appealing

post-8482-0-99591800-1456874609_thumb.jp

Definitely closer with the coastal. Looks good

As I mentioned yesterday - don't ignore the northwest  2015 -2016 seasonal trend as events draw closer - lets see if that verifies this time around - also kind of ironic that just 2 days ago the GFS and GEFS had this storm well south and east of most other models and now it is moving it closer and closer to the coast where parts of the area are in low end warning criteria snows....

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_13.png

Ridging out ahead of the 500mb low looks slightly better thru 45 but with that said, the confluence is also slightly stronger and trying to press farther South. When I say slight on both aspects, I mean it....very little notable differences aloft so far imo.

I had to check the time stamps earlier on in the run to make sure I wasn't still looking at 18z

what exactly is the nam's wheelhouse?

is it reached by tomorrow night?

Edit: someone edited their post to clarify nam's wheelhouse

Nam can be very unreliable at times at any hour but generally anything over 60 hours taken with a grain of salt so to say - and its forcing the storm east past 60 hours - its not following the current northwest trends most modeling has been showing the last day

Archived