joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 5th Event

JoshM

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rpm model showed a blip of precip right over GSP at about 11:30 pm tonight, and then no more! CLT looks golden though! Main problem with this is, it won't be out of the 40s or 50s by 11:30! :(

On to the clipper rain Monday!

I think just seeing snow fall from the sky will be a huge victory for somebody. No way this accumulates anywhere.  

As soon as I open my mouth of course the 18z GFS shows a little more change over snow for portions of NC & SC. Still would be minimal accumulations but maybe we see some flakes fly: 

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_018_dom_precip_type.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=18&param=dom_precip_type&fhr=018&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20160204+18+UTC&ps=model&use_mins=no&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

Edit: beat me to it Josh

As soon as I open my mouth of course the 18z GFS shows a little more change over snow for portions of NC & SC. Still would be minimal accumulations but maybe we see some flakes fly: 

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_018_dom_precip_type.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=18&param=dom_precip_type&fhr=018&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20160204+18+UTC&ps=model&use_mins=no&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

Edit: beat me to it Josh

I never expected to be a big event... but a dusty to a half inch isn't out of the realm of possibility in the CLT and surrounding areas. At the right time it could even delay or cancel school in the morning.

Been falling through the 50s all day and I'm now well into the mid 40s. Raining moderate and steady for the past few hous again, And of course its a cold rain.  :arrowhead:

Latest NAM for tomorrow morning. Since the general consensus was that the NAM got a lot right about the last event, lets see how well this verifies.

nam4km_ref_frzn_seus_6.png

Can't believe nobody posted this:

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC 403 PM EST THU FEB 4 2016 NCZ007>011-021>027-038>041-052115- PERSON-GRANVILLE-VANCE-WARREN-HALIFAX-FORSYTH-GUILFORD-ALAMANCE- ORANGE-DURHAM-FRANKLIN-NASH-DAVIDSON-RANDOLPH-CHATHAM-WAKE- 403 PM EST THU FEB 4 2016 THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA. .DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. RAIN MAY BRIEFLY MIX WITH OR CHANGE COMPLETELY TO SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT BEFORE QUICKLY ENDING FROM WEST TO EAST. AN ISOLATED DUSTING OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE ON GRASSY AND ELEVATED SURFACES. NO TRAVEL IMPACTS ARE EXPECTED. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

Scools are going to have a tough call with this here. Don't think much would stick on the roads, but it hasn't taken much in the past to cause a mess if everyone leaves school and work at the same time.

Low around 39. Don't thing rapid freezing of roadways is going to be an issue for work or schools this time around, Brick.

Archived